3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Interesting read.
    Regarding Jagr or Kovalchuck I'd say no thanks.
    And regarding Quick's backup, I'd think Campbell gets the nod from the Reign before we go back with Zatkoff.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2020 Post(s)

Sell, Sell, Sell and we will see you in 2023. By then even Gaborik and Brown will be gone. Kopitar will be the only surviving King at the end of his run.

Cause Mitchrock said so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

Danny's In-Season Game Plan: Hate

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    321 Post(s)

So his idea of a projected lineup shows a trade of Muzzin & Kempe to Tampa for Jonathan Drouin.
    Might well be a decent trade for the Kings. I would prefer not losing Kempe for the speed element with skill is lacking with this team. Maybe Muzzin and some draft picks might be better and keep Kempe and not add Sam Gagner which he also proposes.
    "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1639 Post(s)

Orphy's Off Season Gameplan: No hockey related ulcers and pulling one's hair.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)

Yea, not much the Kings can do to improve from without. It's all gonna be from within for a while.

Unless there is some sort of miracle magic with the expansion draft and entry draft deal that rids them of Brown, Gabby, or dare I say even Quick.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    So his idea of a projected lineup shows a trade of Muzzin & Kempe to Tampa for Jonathan Drouin.
    Might well be a decent trade for the Kings. I would prefer not losing Kempe for the speed element with skill is lacking with this team. Maybe Muzzin and some draft picks might be better and keep Kempe and not add Sam Gagner which he also proposes.
    Not a fan of Drouin for Muzz and Kempe. Drouin is an RFA, a whiner who was suspended by Yzerman and demanded a trade after he was sent down for poor production, and rumored to have a sense of entitlement. Adrian has a couple more cheap years and the RFA year left, not to mention he has himself just started to grow into his frame. To do that trade I would need to be very much in love with Drouin's skillset (which I am not, since he has never really been the guy everyone expected him to be after juniors), feel that the rumors surrounding him are not significant (which I don't, as Tampa is a well run org), and get him to agree in principle at least to a contract so I know I can sign him.

Trading for a RFA you don't know you can sign by giving up our one high end futures talent is hopefully not the way forward that Blake is envisioning.