Thread: Round 2 - Pick #41: JARET ANDERSON-DOLAN

I don't rattle, kid.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2307 Post(s)

If his nameplate doesn't just say JAD I'm going to be livid.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)

You can't play hockey if you have two moms
    Avery is the heart and sole of this team.
    Doughty is fat.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kubrick View Post
    If his nameplate doesn't just say JAD I'm going to be livid.
    Get ready to be livid. Saw him at the prospect camp this morning while dropping my son off for hockey camp. There were a few more letters than that ; )
    Last edited by 2CUPS; June 27th, 2017 at 07:23 PM.

2nd Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Totally agree.

If any of this bothers you, good, that's on you. You deserve to be bothered by it.
    Don't think it bothers Kings fans (at least this one) at all, just as long as it doesn't become an agenda item to be brought up time and time again (like the You Can Play BS), then it becomes hypocritical, and would be very bothersome.
    Likewise, I imagine there are some hockey players whose parents (or them-self and their partner) are swingers - I could care less about that as well (until the Kings start advertising Swingers Pride Night!).
    I gotta ask again, what does being a swinger, or someone who believes in abstinence until marriage, or an LGBTQ person, or any one of several dozen or so lifestyles have to do with hockey? Nothing! They can all play. They can all go to games. Let's just not pick one particular lifestyle to celebrate and honor.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    564 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCKingsFan1 View Post
    Don't think it bothers Kings fans (at least this one) at all, just as long as it doesn't become an agenda item to be brought up time and time again (like the You Can Play BS), then it becomes hypocritical, and would be very bothersome.
    Likewise, I imagine there are some hockey players whose parents (or them-self and their partner) are swingers - I could care less about that as well (until the Kings start advertising Swingers Pride Night!).
    I gotta ask again, what does being a swinger, or someone who believes in abstinence until marriage, or an LGBTQ person, or any one of several dozen or so lifestyles have to do with hockey? Nothing! They can all play. They can all go to games. Let's just not pick one particular lifestyle to celebrate and honor.
    I agree, but at the same time, I haven't seen any stories of kids being bullied or discriminated against because they disapproved of their parents' swinging lifestyle.

We still celebrate our freedom from English persecution every Fourth of July almost 250 years later. The LGBT community, the black community, etc. have all endured much more recent discrimination and struggles, which is why they celebrate.

Again, this isn't about pushing an agenda through the media for JAD. If I felt they were doing that, then I wouldn't like it. But the kid actually was punished for his parents' lifestyle choice. People should know about it. Not only Kings fans, but people who have discriminated and were discriminated against.

Support the Fans
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)

This guy looks rock solid Captain of Team Canada at 2017 U18 World Championship.
    Wore "A" for Spokane 2016/17 Spokane.
    Wore A for Team Alberta at 2015 Canada Winter Games, scoring 4G & 3A in 6 GP for silver.
    Wore A for Team Canada White at 2015 World U17 Hockey Challenge, scoring 1G & 3A in 6 GP (silver).

http://spokanechiefs.com/jaret-anderson-dolan

Hoping he makes the team and doesn't go back at least til the Kings have to commit. The league is getting younger and stronger.

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    836 Post(s)

His parents will be mentioned, frankly it will happen every time he gets to a new spot. But it wont be an issue or problem.