Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers 2017 - 2018 Thread (Now 100% Mozgov Free)

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3390 Post(s)

Sucks for the Thunder when PG13 and Westbrook both come to the Lakers next year.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Here's the summer league roster and schedule: http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/17062...-league-roster

Travis Wear is a player I had forgotten about. Vander Blue has a definite shot to make a 17-man squad. He was the MVP of the D-League last year.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Lakers cut ties with Tarik Black. No surprise, but a good guy and I hope he finds a good fit somewhere.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/170701black-waive

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Lakers have about $17 million in cap space (factoring in what the unsigned 1st round picks will get). I'd like to see them do another Jeremy Lin type trade where they take on an expiring contract contract and are compensated for doing so, rather than try to improve the team for next year.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Lakers met with Dion Waiters last night and are scheduled to meet with George Hill today. Hill in particular would be a significant addition. Shot 40% from the three last year.

Also discussion that Rondo is a potential signing which is just gross.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Lakers lose their first summer league to the Clippers 96-93 in overtime. Led most of the way before laying an egg in the 4th quarter. Came back from about 6 points down in the last minute to force overtime.

Brandon Ingram was great. 26 points. He had a chance to win it in regulation, but just missed. His leg cramped up on the play and Magic ordered him out of OT as a precaution.

Ball was pretty bad. I'm not going to sugar coat it. He looked lethargic and couldn't shoot. Made something like 2 of 15, including only 1 of 10 from the 3. Many open looks that weren't close. Some nice passes, but nothing really special. In his defense, D'Lo and Ingram were both bad in their first summer league. D'Lo was on fire in his second summer league as Ingram was tonight. So no reason to panic over it. Like most of these guys, Ball's game isn't developed because he left college way too early.

Thomas Bryant was great in the first half. He has quite a motor. Kuzma showed some good hustle. Zubac looked pretty bad. I really didn't notice Hart.

Last edited by HeadInjury; July 7th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    281 Post(s)

Agree with Head Injury.

Mitchrock could've beat Ball in 'Horse.'

Thomas Bryant looked like he should've been the #1 overall pick. Reminded me of a young , healthy Andrew Bynum, but quicker.

Cardiac hockey
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)

Default Lakers 2017 - 2018 Thread (Now 100% Mozgov Free)

Ball's debut is getting blown out of proportion, as will everything he does this year. He did look hesitant, and obviously his shot wasn't falling. Nothing too concerning, just coachable moments that the staff will address.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Lakers decided to shut Ingram down for the rest of summer league. Apparently, he's okay. Lakers lost again, this time to the Celtics 86-81.

I only caught the first half, but Ball was much better. Shot was still off, but he ended up with a triple double, 11-11-11. Assists and rebounding are keys to his game and he had those tonight.

Kuzma had a great game and ended up with 31 points. Hart had 15 points. Thomas Bryant didn't repeat his first game performance, failing to score.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Lakers were without Ingram, Ball, Kuzma or Hart, so naturally they beat Sacramento 95-92. I turned it off in the 3rd when the Lakers were up by about 20.

Zubac continued to not look good. Some guy named Caruso was on fire in the first. Blue was the high scorer with 21.