Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Lakers 2017 - 2018 Thread (Now 100% Mozgov Free)

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    With health and a top free agent like Paul George, for example, this is a playoff team.

I would prefer just adding one max free agent and continuing to build, but if LeBron is willing to come they undoubtedly will do whatever is needed to get him too.
    Maybe a playoff team, depends on how they mesh. I like Randle, hopefully he stays. I can do with or without Lebron, he would be great for business, that's a guarantee. You want to see PG13 get dumped by Utah so he has little desire to stay in OKC. And I think Jazz win this series no prob.

Lonzo needs to work on his shot big time. I won't be surprised if he gets bought out end of next year if he doesn't improve shooting. Dude is 45% from the free throw line, and somehow gets a pass. No way you can build a legit team with a PG who can't even knock down 50% from the line. Lots of stat padding with his rebounding in particular.

Curious to see what happens with DMC, what kind of contract he gets and from whom. Pelicans don't need him apparently.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

DMC had plenty of issues before tearing his Achilles. I don't think they will go after him. I think they will try to sign Lopez to the MLE as they would retain his Birds rights and can offer him a lot more a year later.

With OKC down 3-1 and looking like a mess, I think our chances of landing PG13 have increased. I wouldn't refuse to sign LeBron if he wanted to come, but I am not hoping he ends up here. If they sign PG13 and re-sign Randle, I'll be happy. PG13 isn't a ball hog, plays multiple positions and can actually play defense. Skipping the second max free agent also means they won't have to give up multiple 1st round picks to get Deng off the books. They can continue to draft, which is a strength, and let the young players develop. They will then be able to go after Leonard or another free agent in 2019. They will also have amassed enough assets to try to pull a trade.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

OKC eliminated tonight. Ridiculous no call on a PG13 3-point attempt that could have tied the game. PG13 had a terrible game though.

LeBron and the Cavs were blown out by the Pacers to force a game 7.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

OKC eliminated tonight. Ridiculous no call on a PG13 3-point attempt that could have tied the game. PG13 had a terrible game though.

LeBron and the Cavs were blown out by the Pacers to force a game 7.
    I think it was a "Good No Call" on the 3pt shot by PG13. Even though he was clearly fouled, seemed like he was looking to draw contact. I actually love that no foul was called. Horrible night for him, yeah, and had many TO as well. What a great performance by Donovan Mitchell though, this kid is a great story, I would give him ROY.

I don't expect LAL to give up enough to trade for Kawhi. Magic/Rob are swinging for the fences now, so they will wait until 2019 to make their pitch. I'm not getting my hopes up too high for this offseason. I'd be really happy landing PG13, but won't be shocked if it turns out to be an uneventful Summer.

Mitchell dropped 38 tonight. Damn.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

He was definitely trying to draw contact, but I've seen the same play called a foul countless times.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

He was definitely trying to draw contact, but I've seen the same play called a foul countless times.
    Had it been regular season, likely would be called a foul. I'm glad to see they "let 'em play" during playoffs. If I had been rooting for OKC I might feel differently.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3369 Post(s)

It's a text book foul but you know how NBA refs are. They swallow their whistles when it's convenient.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg