2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    With health and a top free agent like Paul George, for example, this is a playoff team.

I would prefer just adding one max free agent and continuing to build, but if LeBron is willing to come they undoubtedly will do whatever is needed to get him too.
    Maybe a playoff team, depends on how they mesh. I like Randle, hopefully he stays. I can do with or without Lebron, he would be great for business, that's a guarantee. You want to see PG13 get dumped by Utah so he has little desire to stay in OKC. And I think Jazz win this series no prob.

Lonzo needs to work on his shot big time. I won't be surprised if he gets bought out end of next year if he doesn't improve shooting. Dude is 45% from the free throw line, and somehow gets a pass. No way you can build a legit team with a PG who can't even knock down 50% from the line. Lots of stat padding with his rebounding in particular.

Curious to see what happens with DMC, what kind of contract he gets and from whom. Pelicans don't need him apparently.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

DMC had plenty of issues before tearing his Achilles. I don't think they will go after him. I think they will try to sign Lopez to the MLE as they would retain his Birds rights and can offer him a lot more a year later.

With OKC down 3-1 and looking like a mess, I think our chances of landing PG13 have increased. I wouldn't refuse to sign LeBron if he wanted to come, but I am not hoping he ends up here. If they sign PG13 and re-sign Randle, I'll be happy. PG13 isn't a ball hog, plays multiple positions and can actually play defense. Skipping the second max free agent also means they won't have to give up multiple 1st round picks to get Deng off the books. They can continue to draft, which is a strength, and let the young players develop. They will then be able to go after Leonard or another free agent in 2019. They will also have amassed enough assets to try to pull a trade.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

OKC eliminated tonight. Ridiculous no call on a PG13 3-point attempt that could have tied the game. PG13 had a terrible game though.

LeBron and the Cavs were blown out by the Pacers to force a game 7.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

OKC eliminated tonight. Ridiculous no call on a PG13 3-point attempt that could have tied the game. PG13 had a terrible game though.

LeBron and the Cavs were blown out by the Pacers to force a game 7.
    I think it was a "Good No Call" on the 3pt shot by PG13. Even though he was clearly fouled, seemed like he was looking to draw contact. I actually love that no foul was called. Horrible night for him, yeah, and had many TO as well. What a great performance by Donovan Mitchell though, this kid is a great story, I would give him ROY.

I don't expect LAL to give up enough to trade for Kawhi. Magic/Rob are swinging for the fences now, so they will wait until 2019 to make their pitch. I'm not getting my hopes up too high for this offseason. I'd be really happy landing PG13, but won't be shocked if it turns out to be an uneventful Summer.

Mitchell dropped 38 tonight. Damn.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

He was definitely trying to draw contact, but I've seen the same play called a foul countless times.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

He was definitely trying to draw contact, but I've seen the same play called a foul countless times.
    Had it been regular season, likely would be called a foul. I'm glad to see they "let 'em play" during playoffs. If I had been rooting for OKC I might feel differently.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3462 Post(s)

It's a text book foul but you know how NBA refs are. They swallow their whistles when it's convenient.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

I think the Finals will be about as one-sided as can be imagined. The Cavs got in the Finals in part due to LeBron, but also the Celtics being without Irving and Hayward. I haven't been watching the conference finals before the Games 7, but the Celtics - Cavs game was truly horrible basketball. ESPN raved about LeBron, but it wasn't so much LeBron being great, but the other players being so awful. Cleveland only played 8 players, 2 of those under 10 minutes. Cleveland is so lacking in depth that it can't even afford to play its bench because those players would be completely exposed. LeBron played 48 minutes.

The Warriors are starting to look like the second half of the Showtime Lakers. Just doing what it takes to win, nothing more.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3462 Post(s)

I think the Finals will be about as one-sided as can be imagined. The Cavs got in the Finals in part due to LeBron, but also the Celtics being without Irving and Hayward. I haven't been watching the conference finals before the Games 7, but the Celtics - Cavs game was truly horrible basketball. ESPN raved about LeBron, but it wasn't so much LeBron being great, but the other players being so awful. Cleveland only played 8 players, 2 of those under 10 minutes. Cleveland is so lacking in depth that it can't even afford to play its bench because those players would be completely exposed. LeBron played 48 minutes.

The Warriors are starting to look like the second half of the Showtime Lakers. Just doing what it takes to win, nothing more.
    The WCF was pretty much the NBA Finals.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Woj reporting that Kawhi Leonard wants to be traded to LA, preferably the Lakers. He is a free agent after one more year so San Antonio doesn't have a lot of leverage.

One interesting thing about this is that Luol Deng would in all likelihood have to be included in such a deal to make the $$$ work out. Something like Ball, Deng and picks for Leonard.

I think they would have to renounce Randle (and everyone else) if they wanted to sign both George and LeBron and make this trade. They could potentially re-sign Brook Lopez to the mid-level exception.

PG: Who knows, maybe Ingram
    SG: George, Hart
    SF: Leonard
    PF: LeBron, Kuz
    C: Lopez, Thomas

The rest would have to be veterans signing up at the veteran exemption.