Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers 2017 - 2018 Thread (Now 100% Mozgov Free)

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Lakers blow out Cleveland in the 4th quarter to win 127-113. Randle with a career high 36 points.

Lakers own Cleveland's first round pick. Right now Cleveland has the 7th best record in the league, but 7 teams are within 1 game of them in the loss column. Another 2 are within 2 games and another 2 are within 3 games. With Cleveland struggling again, a pick in the high teens is a real possibility.

Lakers are 11-1 in their last 12 games at home. 30-36 now overall. But for that awful 0-9 stretch, they's be right in the playoff hunt.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3386 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post

Lakers are 11-1 in their last 12 games at home. 30-36 now overall. But for that awful 0-9 stretch, they's be right in the playoff hunt.
    That's impressive. 11-1 in their last 12 at home.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    878 Post(s)

"Yo Bron, you know you want to come here with PG and join this."

"Re-sign Randle first yo"

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Randle has definitely earned a big contract. He's going to get $15 mil or more per season.

Only way to get Paul George and LBJ, and keep Randle, is to trade Deng, then sign George and LBJ and then re-sign Randle. If they sign Randle first, they won't have cap space to sign sign the other two guys. They can go over the cap to re-sign Randle since they own his rights.

Much harder to figure out cap space in the NBA since they have a soft cap, not a hard cap like in the NHL. Also have to deal with things like cap holds and such.

Interesting thing about Brook Lopez. If he agrees to a one-year deal at the mid-level exemption (less than $5 million), the Lakers will still own his Bird rights and then can re-sign him the following year for much more. They may have the same option with Isiah Thomas, although I doubt he would consider it with his injury history.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Lakers lost their 4th straight last night. The team is without Ingram and Hart. Lonzo is struggling, shooting an insanely bad 1-12 from the three last night. Yet the Lakers nearly beat a solid New Orleans squad, blowing a 10 point lead in the 4th to lose by 3.

3 of the 4 losses have been to teams within striking distance of Cleveland in the standings. In a way, we can look at it as stealth tanking. The Lakers don't have any of their own picks this year so it's irrelevant where they finish in the standings. Right now Cleveland's pick with be at #25 or so, but there are 8 teams behind Cleveland by 2 games or less in the standings.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Lakers will play their final game of the season tonight against he Clippers. They have been limping to the finish line due to injuries to Ingram, Ball, Thomas and now Kuzma.

Feel good story last night with Andre Ingram playing in his first NBA game at the age of 32. He is shooting lights out from the 3 in the the G League making something insane like 58% of his corner 3s. Last night in a loss to Houston he scored 19 points on 6-8 shooting including 4-5 from the 3. Crowd was loving it.

Looks like the Lakers will end up with the 25th pick in the draft from Cleveland and Denver's second round pick will end up in the late 40s.

LA has improved 8 games over last season with 1 left to play. That's misleading as injuries have probably stopped them from winning 4 or 5 more games down the stretch. It's been a good season in terms of the future outlook. Jury is still out on Ball, but Randle, Kuzma and Ingram had solid years and Hart looks like a keeper too.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3386 Post(s)

Well, at least they got close to .500... sorta. Get a nice free agent signing in the summer and we should be good to go. Get back in the playoffs and go from there.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    878 Post(s)

Give Andre Ingram a 5 year deal now!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3386 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    Give Andre Ingram a 5 year deal now!
    He'll be set for life and well deserved too lol

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Well, at least they got close to .500... sorta. Get a nice free agent signing in the summer and we should be good to go. Get back in the playoffs and go from there.
    With health and a top free agent like Paul George, for example, this is a playoff team.

I would prefer just adding one max free agent and continuing to build, but if LeBron is willing to come they undoubtedly will do whatever is needed to get him too.