Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lakers 2017 - 2018 Thread (Now 100% Mozgov Free)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)

PHOENIX (AP) — Connie Hawkins, basketball’s dazzling New York playground legend who soared and swooped his way to the Hall of Fame, has died. He was 75.

The most exciting player I've seen in 55 years. Was a Laker for awhile. To me he was more exciting than Dr. J and Michael combined. You literally would hold your breath when he had the ball. The ball was way behind his back, his long arms stretched out, holding it so far away, no one could get to it. It looked like a baseball in his gigantic hands. You could see him plotting how he was going to overwhelm anyone who got in his way to a swooping, thunderous dunk. I even loved watching him on other teams, and that is a rarity for me.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/07...ies-at-75-2-2/

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

Lakers lose the season opener to the Clippers by 16. The final score is misleading, as the Lakers were behind by 30 at one point. They looked absolutely terrible. Lopez had his obligatory 20 points, but he and the rest of the team can't play defense. Ball rebounded well, but that was it.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3194 Post(s)

I swear Luke is still trying to lose or something.

- Why isn't Kuzma and Randle riding the pine? They deserve more playing time.
    - I didn't like what I saw from Brook Lopez. Sure he still managed 20 points but most of the time he was shooting bricks which allowed the Clips to score with ease when they got the ball.
    - Ingram also had a really bad game which is a shame to see.
    - Surprised that Lonzo Ball played so passive. He grabbed a bunch of rebounds but didn't seem to do much on offense.
    - Bogut, Deng, and Brewer are trash players. Not sure how they fell off so quickly in their careers.

It was an ugly game and it's the same unwatchable Lakers.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    733 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I swear Luke is still trying to lose or something.

- Why isn't Kuzma and Randle riding the pine? They deserve more playing time.
    - I didn't like what I saw from Brook Lopez. Sure he still managed 20 points but most of the time he was shooting bricks which allowed the Clips to score with ease when they got the ball.
    - Ingram also had a really bad game which is a shame to see.
    - Surprised that Lonzo Ball played so passive. He grabbed a bunch of rebounds but didn't seem to do much on offense.
    - Bogut, Deng, and Brewer are trash players. Not sure how they fell off so quickly in their careers.

It was an ugly game and it's the same unwatchable Lakers.
    That looked worse than unwatchable. They didn't deserve to be on the same court.

Is Patrick Beverly that good?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3194 Post(s)

Yay! We're 1-1.

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

Lakers lost last night to the Pelicans 119-112. I watched part of the first half and it was just as bad as the first game against the Clippers. Had given up almost 50 points three minutes into the second quarter. I turned it off with the Lakers down 20. They apparently got their act together in the second half and made a game out of it.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

Nice overtime win for the Lakers last night against Washington. I turned it on in the 4th with the Lakers down 10 and they got it into overtime and played some defense down the stretch to win it. Randle was in beast mode.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3194 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Nice overtime win for the Lakers last night against Washington. I turned it on in the 4th with the Lakers down 10 and they got it into overtime and played some defense down the stretch to win it. Randle was in beast mode.
    It was a heck of a comeback While I agree with you that Randle was in beast mode, I thought Ingram really carried the team in the 4th.

Nice little wins like this helps. Especially since the Wizards were 3-0.

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

Lakers beat Memphis to improve to 5-5. I turned it on with the Lakers up 22 toward the end of the 3rd. The rest of the game was ugly. Memphis had a chance to tie it in the closing moments but the Lakers held on.