Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Lakers 2017 - 2018 Thread (Now 100% Mozgov Free)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

So far in the 3rd quarter Randle and clarkson are a combined 4 of 17 from the field. In a game where you'd expect them to step up in the absence of Ingram/Ball to really show their worth, they flop instead. No wonder Lakers want to get rid of these 2 goofs.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

Lonzo's shooting % is improving somewhat.

I think Clarkson gets traded.

My guess is they might hold on to Randle. It's hard to believe they are going to hold on to the 2 max free agents fantasy and get rid of both Randle and Clarkson.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

Lakers beat the Celtics last night for their 3rd win in a row and 7th out of their last 9. Tried their best to blow it with 10 missed free throws in the 4th, but the Celtics missed their final shot.

Kuzma was on fire with 28 points, including 17 in the 4th.

Winning without Ball is a good sign.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

Clippers trade Blake Griffin to Detroit. Also looking to trade DeAndre Jordan and Lou Williams. So basically Jerry West is going for a complete rebuild. Expect Doc Rivers to be gone after this season too.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

Rather amazingly, Lakers have been fined a second time for tampering. This time the fine was for $50,000 for Magic making positive comments in an interview about the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

Lakers traded Clarkson and Larry Nance Jr. to Cleveland for Isiah Thomas, Channing Frye and Cleveland's 1st round pick.

The Cleveland players are in the final year of their contracts.

Thomas became a cancer in the locker room and the Cavs had to get rid of him. Worst defensive player in the NBA this year too.

So Lakers get salary cap relief and a 1st. Losing Nance is tough, but with Randle and Kuzma playing so well he's a piece we can afford to lose.

Edit: Have to wonder whether the Lakers will try to trade that 2018 pick and a future first rounder to a team willing to take Deng. That would clear enough space to sign two max players and keep Randle.

Also, the Cavs just helped the Lakers get cap space for LeBron. He's definitely leaving Cleveland and his wife and kids live here already. Paul George said yesterday that coming to LA is still very much a possibility. If we were to get George and LeBron, there would be no room for Clarkson and Nance anyway. Pretty big "if" I know, but if that happens this trade will go down as having one of the greatest impacts in team history.
    Last edited by HeadInjury; February 8th, 2018 at 10:10 AM.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

A depleted Lakers blew out a depleted OKC by 25. Fans were chanting "We want George". 4th win in a row and the 12th in their last 16. 5.5 games out of the last playoff spot.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

Lakers have one 4 in a row. Randle is in pure beast mode. Lonzo is back. Team is a little shorthanded as Hart fractured his hand, Channing Frye has been out following appendicitis and Cory Brewer was bought out. Zubac is now getting regular minutes and playing well.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
    Lakers have one 4 in a row. Randle is in pure beast mode. Lonzo is back. Team is a little shorthanded as Hart fractured his hand, Channing Frye has been out following appendicitis and Cory Brewer was bought out. Zubac is now getting regular minutes and playing well.
    Surprisingly they're playing quite well. Crazy to say but we're only 6 games back from the final playoff spot. Granted, in the NBA the #8 seed is pointless because usually 1 and 2 make the NBA Finals but I'd like to see the boys get some playoff experience, even if it means a easy sweep for Houston or GS.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    331 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Surprisingly they're playing quite well. Crazy to say but we're only 6 games back from the final playoff spot. Granted, in the NBA the #8 seed is pointless because usually 1 and 2 make the NBA Finals but I'd like to see the boys get some playoff experience, even if it means a easy sweep for Houston or GS.
    They will have to pass three teams and all those teams have been playing over .500 ball recently, so it will be extremely tough. Probably would need to go 18-3 to have a real shot. They are 12-5 in their last 17. A lot of those were without Lonzo.