Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DanteHicks View Post
    Padres were an expansion team.

Dodgers were in LA before the Angels were.
    Not hating on anyone for their allegiances. Just being playful. When it comes down to it there is no good reason to follow any team. "I just like them" is a far far better reason than any individual rationalization.

I'M THIRTY-SEVEN?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Default MLB: The Official 2017 Angels Thread

I don't take any of this very seriously.

Having said that, screw the Angels and their stupid name.

Hyperbolic V.I.P.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

I don't take any of this very seriously.

Having said that, screw the Angels and their stupid name.
    Gee, I hope you don't live in Los Angeles. Don't know how you could live in a city with such a stupid name.

I'M THIRTY-SEVEN?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    Gee, I hope you don't live in Los Angeles. Don't know how you could live in a city with such a stupid name.
    I don't live in Los Angeles and neither do the Angels. :-D

Hyperbolic V.I.P.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

I don't live in Los Angeles and neither do the Angels. :-D
    True enough, but...

1903 Los Angeles Angels; 54 years before the Dodgers were relocated to L.A.

I'M THIRTY-SEVEN?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

For the record, I would also make fun of the "San Francisco 49ers of Santa Clara," the" Brooklyn Dodgers of Los Angeles," or the "Atlanta Thrasher Jets of Winnipeg but Not the Coyotes"

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

For the record, I would also make fun of the "San Francisco 49ers of Santa Clara," the" Brooklyn Dodgers of Los Angeles," or the "Atlanta Thrasher Jets of Winnipeg but Not the Coyotes"
    Such an odd thing to fixate on after all these years. You realize that it's a technical loophole so they don't get sued by the City of Anaheim right? Its not like they wanted to include of Anaheim but it was preferable in order to market themselves as part of the Los Angeles Region. I've discovered over the years that it's one of those things that doesn't bother anyone who has any kind of understanding of the legalities and marketing opportunities involved but it is a handy form of a "yo mama" joke for people who don't have any such understanding.

I'M THIRTY-SEVEN?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RockPile View Post
    Such an odd thing to fixate on after all these years. You realize that it's a technical loophole so they don't get sued by the City of Anaheim right? Its not like they wanted to include of Anaheim but it was preferable in order to market themselves as part of the Los Angeles Region. I've discovered over the years that it's one of those things that doesn't bother anyone who has any kind of understanding of the legalities and marketing opportunities involved but it is a handy form of a "yo mama" joke for people who don't have any such understanding.
    Not fixated, I do understand the whole story, and I don't care enough for it to *actually* bother me. You're probably pretty close with comparing it to a "yo mama" joke.

I'M THIRTY-SEVEN?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

"Yo mama's favorite team's name is so dumb it takes some focus away from how stupid it is that their pitchers don't have to hit."

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Not fixated, I do understand the whole story, and I don't care enough for it to *actually* bother me. You're probably pretty close with comparing it to a "yo mama" joke.
    This is a message board so you can say what you like and claim you're not fixated and that you don't care enough for it to bother you, but the salient fact is that you are on a sub-forum of a team you apparently dislike bringing up something that occurred 12 years ago for a reasonable reason, if not one you care for and one that affects you in no way whatsoever. You don't like the Angels, cool. You don't like the AL, same thing. But coming here and playing the role you're playing has you coming across as one of "those" Dodger fans and is polar opposite to your protestation of non-fixation and non-caring. I'll not denigrate the much more horrible history of several people intricately associated with the Dodgers than any silly name change because it's not necessary to do so on a forum that is supposed to be about giving a positive outlet to our respective fan interest. I'd like to welcome you to bringing a relevant dialogue that is fitting for an Angels sub-forum. I'm willing to start over if you are.