<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RockPile View Post
    Yes. Many of my Kings fan buddies are also Dodger fans and to them it's a package deal. I grew up in Orange County so I was an Angel fan from my childhood. When I started to be interested in hockey, the Ducks didn't exist so naturally I was a Kings fan. Really, I'd probably have considered myself a fan of both the Dodgers and the Angels if Dodger fans didn't tend to be dicks about my Angel fandom over the years. Up until inter-league there really wasn't any real rivalry.
    Funny you mentioned this. In the past, I didn't care if the Dodgers won or lost because they didn't matter to me. I didn't hate them nor did I like them. But yeah, thanks to Dodgers fans being dicks in general, I can't help but crack a smile when I see them lose. The only problem is that I know lots of Kongs fans who are Dodgers fans, so it's not like I want them to suck. They deserve some happiness too (as far as baseball goes). However, for all the other Dodgers fans who are just douches in general... nothing makes me happier than to see them choke year after year in the playoffs.

It especially bugs me when I see fans of a certain age brag about the 6 World Series titles when they haven't seen ONE in their lifetime. That's nothing to brag about.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    Funny you mentioned this. In the past, I didn't care if the Dodgers won or lost because they didn't matter to me. I didn't hate them nor did I like them. But yeah, thanks to Dodgers fans being dicks in general, I can't help but crack a smile when I see them lose. The only problem is that I know lots of Kongs fans who are Dodgers fans, so it's not like I want them to suck. They deserve some happiness too (as far as baseball goes). However, for all the other Dodgers fans who are just douches in general... nothing makes me happier than to see them choke year after year in the playoffs.

It especially bugs me when I see fans of a certain age brag about the 6 World Series titles when they haven't seen ONE in their lifetime. That's nothing to brag about.
    Wearing the jerk label. Was at a BBQ this weekend (obviously) and someone's boyfriend/f-buddy mentioned the Angels at a table of my (drunk) friends and he did not get to finish his sentence before people started flipping him nonsense. The hate is real.

Myth: Confirmed.

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2191 Post(s)

if the Angels could have just one semi-decent pitcher not go to the IR it would be very helpful. Thank goodness Pujols is so bad at running....it's his motivation to hit a homer every time at bat so he can just trot around the bases! Also...Maybin is turning out to be a great addition.

GO KINGS GO!!!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3105 Post(s)

We're 5 games over .500 and in the 2nd Wild Card spot again. And we're winning games despite the bullpen being the worst in the league. You can't win games when you're constantly giving up 9+ runs and yet the Halos are still finding a way to do it. This is nuts. We're getting hot at the right time while the Dodgers are cooling off at the wrong time. Funny how baseball works isn't it?
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg