Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    I just had an arbitrary cut off point at 25 years old, which Fantenberg was a part of (it's why I also left off a player like Campbell).

As for where he'll play... I think he has as much a shot in training camp as the others. Remember our depth chart:
    Forbort - Doughty
    Muzzin - x
    y/Martinez - Martinez/y
    z

x is likely going to be a right handed shot, unless Stevens goes with Muzzin/Martinez again. But more likely, we'll see LaDue and Folin battle for that spot.

Since Martinez plays on either side, y will probably one of:
    LaDue/Folin (and Martinez plays left side)
    MacDermid/Fantenberg (and Martinez plays right side).

z will be one of the two remaining

The one who doesn't get the spot will be assigned to the AHL.

Since I don't think LaDue is waiver eligible, the Kings may play it safe and field a line-up of:
    Forbort - Doughty
    Muzzin - Folin
    Fantenberg - Martinez
    MacDermid
    and assign LaDue to the AHL. But really, I think it all depends on how training camp goes.
    It's nice to talk futures a bit during a long, long summer. I have a couple thoughts on the D situation.

It wasn't that long ago that Kevin Gravel had seemingly passed Forbort on the depth chart - a year with a great partner can do wonders. He will have his work cut out to win a spot over Fantenberg and Folin, however being homegrown is something I think Blake-itaille will still value as much as Dean did. Speaking of LaDue, I tend to believe he's going to have nine lives before they would send him down. They made no effort to fill that 2R hole from the outside.

Ok, there's one other thing. My magic 8 ball says there's a faction of the organization that feels like your 2 best defensemen should play together, and that faction's name is Rob. Now, I told the 8 ball to can it, but she says Doughty Muzzin rides again opening night. I don't know if I can agree with that, but it's hard to argue with the little ball of bad advice. It came in a Taco Bell happy meal, after all.
    Lol.

Truth be told, I forgot about Gravel as I was writing this down. So there's another body competing for a roster spot.

It could very well be:
    Muzzin-Doughty
    Forbort - x/Martinez
    Martinez/y - Martinez/z

With x, y, and z being three of: Gravel, Folin, Fantenberg, LaDue, MacDermid

Gone Fishin'
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    I just don't think they have dedicated writers like they used to. Which is a shame. I enjoyed their content.

Since I don't think LaDue is waiver eligible, the Kings may play it safe and field a line-up of:
    Forbort - Doughty
    Muzzin - Folin
    Fantenberg - Martinez
    MacDermid
    and assign LaDue to the AHL. But really, I think it all depends on how training camp goes.
    There is NO WAY in hell Ladue is going back to the AHL. That's ridiculous.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    581 Post(s)

Well, he might be our Thomas Hickey. He seemed under-sized and bobbled the puck a lot and bad times. If he does stick around in The Bigs, it will be mainly because I don't want lose him to waivers

Gone Fishin'
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    Well, he might be our Thomas Hickey. He seemed under-sized and bobbled the puck a lot and bad times. If he does stick around in The Bigs, it will be mainly because I don't want lose him to waivers

That's a little nit picky. What I saw was great body position down low, excellent first pass, ability to qb the power play, smart defensively and should have been on the team at the beginning of last year.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingme View Post
    There is NO WAY in hell Ladue is going back to the AHL. That's ridiculous.
    I genuinely don't think he will. I was more bringing it up as a remote possibility if the Kings didn't want to risk losing a defenseman they think is NHL ready to waivers.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)

Default Top 20 Prospects Ranking/Discussion

Yea, LaDue goes back down if it's a wash with any of our waiver eligible defenders. Hell, even if he slightly outplays the others, I still figure you have to protect your waiver eligible players, showcase them, and then try and swaps them for a prospect who fills a forward need.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1080 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeftHand View Post
    Yea, LaDue goes back down if it's a wash with any of our waiver eligible defenders. Hell, even if he slightly outplays the others, I still figure you have to protect your waiver eligible players, showcase them, and then try and swaps them for a prospect who fills a forward need.
    Ladue makes the team. He's a right D who the Kings are high on. They aren't going to slow roll his growth to try and protect MacDermid. Nobody will select the Kings 8th defenseman.

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    360 Post(s)

Is that big Russian Sergey Dergatchev still in the Kings system? Not sure I got the spelling or first name right, but I do remember reading some positive things about him a while back. Haven't heard about him in a while.

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1009 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjae11eden View Post
    Is that big Russian Sergey Dergatchev still in the Kings system? Not sure I got the spelling or first name right, but I do remember reading some positive things about him a while back. Haven't heard about him in a while.
    Stuck in the KHL playing 7 minutes a night. Gonna be there at least another year.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    685 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjae11eden View Post
    Dergachev is still in the pipeline, but he is getting very little playing time. He might have his development destroyed like Kitsyn. Discouraging amount of playtime.