Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips on inexpensive ways to watch Kings from out of market please.

Is this for real...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king-a-ling View Post
    Pm'd you
    Thank you my friend!

GKG

Cardiac hockey
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)

Default Tips on inexpensive ways to watch Kings from out of market please.

Fox Sports Go

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2985 Post(s)

I thought fox sports go didn't work unless you were registered in LA or your IP address was located there?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    145 Post(s)

FOX Sports Go is only for the local market. For the out of market crowd, NHL TV. I dumped DISH before last season, watch on a Roku 4 now. 60 frames/second looks as good if not better than satellite. My internet is great. Home or away feeds- sometimes they had the pre-game show on for the Kings, usually able to start the game right at or near game time. I am able to skip commercials and get caught up if I join late. Keep in mind this was on a Roku 4, latest Apple TV has a different experience with highlights, etc- but I don't have one, I do know however that it does 60 fps

the key is 60 frames/second and a device capable of doing it.

When a game is on NBC / NBCSN, you are stuck with them

I think my NHL TV was $25 a month from Oct-March

Oh yeah, you're going to have to have basic cable tv or something for playoffs

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjae11eden View Post
    I have carried DirecTV for well over a decade, ever since they introduced the Center Ice package. I don't have movie channels or premium channels and I spend around 135 a month to carry the service year round. At this point, being a family man and having better things to spend my money on, I feel that is downright stupid for my situation.

I'm considering getting a Sling TV package that includes Fox Sports Network, but they will only show local sports so that won't work by itself for me. The rep I spoke with did say though that I could download the Fox Sports Go app and register using my Sling account and watch all the game played on Fox sports networks. He said I could watch live or later on demand. Does anybody know if this is accurate and have any experience they can share regarding picture quality, service, etc.?

I also have a PS4 and can pay for NHL TV, but I think that is only live streaming and no option to watch later on demand right? I really need the option to watch later as I live in NH and Kings games don't start until 10:30 in my time zone and I have to be up for work at 5:30. Not interested in any illegal streaming. Just want some suggestions/experiences with out of market viewing that are cost (and cord) cutting and allow me to watch games at my convenience.
    I have DirecTV as well (20 years), no movie packages, similar price. Just call them up and ask the retention department. Tell them that you want to cancel because another provider is offering you a much better price. Ask them what they can do to help you, a loyal customer, out as you don't want to cancel. They knocked $60/month off my bill. Ask them to add NHL Center Ice for free as well...they've added Sunday Ticket for many of my friends. I have never heard of them not trying to do what they can to keep a customer. At the very least, they'll knock your DTV bill down even if they don't give you center ice. You can then spend that on NHL TV

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I've been using Reddit (NHLStreams); just look for the game you want to watch. Not the best or most reliable but it's free.

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    309 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    I have DirecTV as well (20 years), no movie packages, similar price. Just call them up and ask the retention department. Tell them that you want to cancel because another provider is offering you a much better price. Ask them what they can do to help you, a loyal customer, out as you don't want to cancel. They knocked $60/month off my bill. Ask them to add NHL Center Ice for free as well...they've added Sunday Ticket for many of my friends. I have never heard of them not trying to do what they can to keep a customer. At the very least, they'll knock your DTV bill down even if they don't give you center ice. You can then spend that on NHL TV
    Thank you for the response. That has worked for me in the past, but now they are only interested in telling me that if I cancel I will have to pay a cancellation fee. I upgraded to the Genie DVR a while back and in that process, agreed to stay with DTV until 2/2018. They tell me it will cost $120 to cancel and that's it.
    I'd rather pay the 120 and save $90 per month on my cable bill for 6 months. Losing CI is the only thing that would hurt, but it seems NHL TV is the answer for me.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    510 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shadeofgrey View Post
    I've been using Reddit (NHLStreams); just look for the game you want to watch. Not the best or most reliable but it's free.
    I use to use Reddit Streams, but they are iffy sometimes.

Since we are now posting about streams, I'll spell it out for you, search "Lazyman" on Reddit. It's amazing 720p stream at high frame rate. I usually hook up my laptop to my tv and it's like watching on HD from Satellite feed. THE BEST PART is, (besides no blackouts) when I paid for centreice I would sometimes get home feed or away feed, so you never know if you'd get bob and Jim or the other announcers. With Lazyman, you pick the feed you want. Plus other features like goalie camera. I used goalie cam once and felt like it didn't enhance the experience for me personally. Anyways, the folks at Lazyman are awesome and I donate to them because of the money they saved me. I paid way too much for NHL CenterIce and would get at least 7 blackouts a year, so that made me angry enough to find alternative.

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)

I do SlingTV and it's great because I get FSW and NBCSN for the playoffs for $25/mo total. No dvr function though. My experience is that I could not get Fox Sports Go through Sling because of the nature of it being a "mini-cable/sat service" but that was almost a year ago.