Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2020 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rozzy View Post
    Nope
    You're right, I believe Doughty has two more seasons left on his contract. Most likely he will be dealt in the off season next year or during the trade deadline of 2019. Some team will pay a hefty price for his services.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Now he's two years older with a wonky groin. Also, goal tending was not the problem.
    Oh, I didn't realized this was the "crap all over someone else's unabashed reason for being excited about next season" thread. Also, goal tending was the entire problem. The (even more-so) conservative gameplan installed to make Budaj look like a competent NHL goalie basically broke the team.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

The Kings winning the Stanley Cup.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1356 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IceWarrior View Post
    The Kings winning the Stanley Cup.
    Never happen.
    Unprecedented.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4190 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post
    Oh, I didn't realized this was the "crap all over someone else's unabashed reason for being excited about next season" thread. Also, goal tending was the entire problem. The (even more-so) conservative gameplan installed to make Budaj look like a competent NHL goalie basically broke the team.
    That is not what happened. They didn't change a damn thing about how they played. The guys who had their worst NHL seasons, Kopitar, Toffoli and Muzzin, were just as poor in their own end as they were with the puck. Using Budaj as an excuse is totally inaccurate - Carter, Pearson, Lewis and Doughty all had strong seasons.

They just played out the string with a group of players who quit on their coach, were injured, and didn't have any flexibility to fix the problems from the outside due to awful contracts.

I lost my password
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Oh, I didn't realized this was the "crap all over someone else's unabashed reason for being excited about next season" thread.
    You new around here?
    Also, goal tending was the entire problem. The (even more-so) conservative gameplan installed to make Budaj look like a competent NHL goalie basically broke the team.
    Not according to Stevens at the State of the Franchise Event as detailed by Rosen at LAKI: "There were interesting analytics used; the Kings ranked last in the league in goals off of pucks being skated to the slot, last in goals off pucks passed to the slot, and second in the league in goals off outside shots that rebounded into the slot, a reflection of the bomb-away-from-distance shot-volume adherence that will be tweaked as the team looks to generate a higher proportion of chances from high-danger areas."
    http://lakingsinsider.com/2017/08/18...bullet-points/

Goaltending was such a problem last year that the team took the drastic step in creating the position of Offensive Coordinator and hired Pierre Turgeon to solve issues 180 feet away.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1429 Post(s)

Goaltending was such a problem last year that the team took the drastic step in creating the position of Offensive Coordinator and hired Pierre Turgeon to solve issues 180 feet away.
    Now that was funny!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    304 Post(s)

You new around here?

Not according to Stevens at the State of the Franchise Event as detailed by Rosen at LAKI: "There were interesting analytics used; the Kings ranked last in the league in goals off of pucks being skated to the slot, last in goals off pucks passed to the slot, and second in the league in goals off outside shots that rebounded into the slot, a reflection of the bomb-away-from-distance shot-volume adherence that will be tweaked as the team looks to generate a higher proportion of chances from high-danger areas."
    http://lakingsinsider.com/2017/08/18...bullet-points/

First off, did Stevens really need a detailed analytics to show we couldn't score from way out without putting the puck in dangerous spots like every other team? I might need to form a coalition of why I'm getting fat eating fast food and ice cream and not eating fruits, vegetables or exercising...

Rusty, you get the offseason post of the decade!
    "Goaltending was such a problem last year that the team took the drastic step in creating the position of Offensive Coordinator and hired Pierre Turgeon to solve issues 180 feet away." PURE GOLD RUSTY!

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
    I'd like to see Vilardi defy all odds and put together a push for the 2nd C position this season.
    https://lakingsinsider.com/2017/09/0...training-camp/

Having missed out on all camps this year and possibly the start of the OHL season due to injury, it's unlikely we will see him at all this year. The most optimistic scenario is 9 games after the OHL season is over and that only if they are confident that he's developed to the point where he has a legitimate shot at making the club next season without curtailing his development. I don't think he's even been signed to an ELC yet.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1602 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RockPile View Post
    https://lakingsinsider.com/2017/09/0...training-camp/

Having missed out on all camps this year and possibly the start of the OHL season due to injury, it's unlikely we will see him at all this year. The most optimistic scenario is 9 games after the OHL season is over and that only if they are confident that he's developed to the point where he has a legitimate shot at making the club next season without curtailing his development. I don't think he's even been signed to an ELC yet.
    Im staying optimistic...