Selke Smooth
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1260 Post(s)

Default Oktoberfest!

I'm looking for a good Oktoberfest in LA. Anyone have a suggestion?
    Was thinking of checking this one out. http://www.alpinevillagecenter.com/oktoberfest/

ooops almost forgot the obligatory

Last edited by notbob; August 25th, 2017 at 03:31 PM.
    "We still have some guys that haven't scored since Jesus was a baby" - Sutter

User formerly known as

Support the Fans
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)

As far as I've ever heard Alpine Village is the one....

Show me your hands..now!
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    881 Post(s)

No doubt about it. I worked that area several times, and it is wall to wall people, but the CHP office is right down the street. Bring a designated driver

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    985 Post(s)

Yep, that's the one. You can see Alpine Village right off the 110, and it's pretty cool year round (there's swap meets there too), but there really is no other Oktoberfest in SoCal that comes close.

Lederhosen or GTFO
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.

I have the best words
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Alpine Village is the one for the mega-experience. I won't say most authentic, because way too many South Bay bros and brohos. Sunday is family day, so you can get wasted with small children around. Remember to heed jccawdrey's sage advice because the CHP will pick you off.

The Red Lion Tavern on Glendale Blvd. is my favorite German bar/restaurant. Kinda like Oktoberfest all the time. Think you can still smoke upstairs?

Old World in Huntington Beach or the Phoenix Club in Anaheim will provide the most real Germans per normal alcoholics ratio in OC if that's what you're looking for.

There's all sorts of one-off events around LA/OC, not sure what's worth it. There's even been a Vegan Oktoberfest the last few years, for what that's worth.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    985 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mervaldez View Post
    Old World in Huntington Beach or the Phoenix Club in Anaheim will provide the most real Germans per normal alcoholics ratio in OC if that's what you're looking for.
    Add Jägerhaus to that list as well. Small, easy to miss place in Anaheim (not far from Phoenix Club) that's pretty legit and the decor may remind you of your grandma's house.
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.

Hell yes.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)

There really aren't many (or any) German options in the SFV that I'm aware of. Last year I got sausages from one of the local delis, grabbed a crap ton of beer, and had my friends over to my place. Will probably do it again if everyone's schedule lines up.

I have the best words
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krussadams View Post
    Add Jägerhaus to that list as well. Small, easy to miss place in Anaheim (not far from Phoenix Club) that's pretty legit and the decor may remind you of your grandma's house.
    That's right! I've seen some van running around with the Jagerhaus logo. Will check out. Thanks for the reminder!

FIRE BETTMAN!!
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    708 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mervaldez View Post
    The Red Lion Tavern on Glendale Blvd. is my favorite German bar/restaurant. Kinda like Oktoberfest all the time. Think you can still smoke upstairs?
    I ate in the dining room on Saturday. twice went upstairs to take a leak and never caught any whiff of smoke that was more prevalent in previous times. the patio wasn't too full, so that may not help for lack of smoke. but then again, the vending machine at the top of the stairs had cartons of cigs, so it would be highly doubtful that the patio area is smoke-free.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    132 Post(s)

Big bear has the best octoberfest.