Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vrankol View Post
    Whatever the improvement, don't expect him to give Anze any credit.

If Anze elevates his "leadership" game and Kings, god forbid, win another cup with him as the captain, Mondo will just find a way to:

a) play the "I told you so" card: "See what happens if Anze grabs the wheel and drive?" - essentially neglecting everything he ever said about his supposed (lack of) character;

b) diminish Anze's contributions, especially if other players were to be brought in with supposed leadership abilities - in that case all credit will be automatically distributed among said players.

In short, Mondo will be winning all the internet debate while Anze is jacking it in San Diego with undeserved millions in his pocket and a third cup in his other hand.

In terms of debate here, it might actually be better for this scenario never to occur.
    Thanks Vrankol. Wasn't really trying to paint anyone in a corner, just curious on how he thinks and if he has a sense of humor about himself. Often i am bemused by how serious, serious people are in general. So, just dipping my toe in the water, if you will. =)

I'll wear the naive label but still of the option that both men are capable of growing and changing for the better.

Kopitar/Blando 2020? Why not?

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2713 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post

still of the option that both men are capable of growing and changing for the better.
    Oh, sweetie...

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Oh, sweetie...
    *laughing* You mother effer, I deserve that... but I stand by my post.

Dude, we all can't be cool with each other instantly like you and I, some people take work. I'm investing in Mondo, deal with it.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    642 Post(s)

Surprised that Kopitar made it as high as 36 on the top 50 players right now per the NHL network. Toews was 35, Carter failed to make the list (WTF). Kopi was 13 last year...big drop.

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2713 Post(s)

Stevens also wanted Kopitar to become more fit. Kopitar averaged 50.4 seconds per shift last season but Stevens wants to cut that to the mid-40s, with the aim of producing shorter but more explosively quick shifts. “We’re counting on him to be the 200-foot player he always is,” Stevens said, “but obviously we’re going to count on him for some offensive production. I think the whole fitness part of it was huge and I think dealing with everything last year, I’m hoping it makes him stronger this year because I think he’s in a better place emotionally.”
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/...913-story.html

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1420 Post(s)

Translation: Kopi, you are getting older. You cannot rest on your laurels anymore. You have to work at it more to stay in shape.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3517 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Surprised that Kopitar made it as high as 36 on the top 50 players right now per the NHL network. Toews was 35, Carter failed to make the list (WTF). Kopi was 13 last year...big drop.
    #36 in talent but still the highest paid player in the NHL. Lombardi deserved to be fired, tarred and feathered for that contract fiasco alone.

Driver, Assload Wagon
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    #36 in talent but still the highest paid player in the NHL. Lombardi deserved to be fired, tarred and feathered for that contract fiasco alone.
    Perhaps even subsequently ridden out of town on a rail? (literally, not figuratively)

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    Remember when Lombardi was saying that they weren't even in the same ballpark last year? Rumor at that time was that Kopitar wanted $11 mil per. I wonder, purely conjecture here, that if Lombardi was lame ducked into that deal with Robitaille and Blake part of that contract negotiation.

We will never know, unless Dean writes a book someday. No matter who is responsible, it's a horribly debilitating contract for the franchise.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4185 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Thanks Vrankol. Wasn't really trying to paint anyone in a corner, just curious on how he thinks and if he has a sense of humor about himself. Often i am bemused by how serious, serious people are in general. So, just dipping my toe in the water, if you will. =)

I'll wear the naive label but still of the option that both men are capable of growing and changing for the better.

Kopitar/Blando 2020? Why not?
    It's all fun and games around here. We are niche fans of a niche sport. No need to take anything too seriously.

As long as everybody acknowledges my greatness and infallibility, of course.