Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Brooks Laich signed to PTO

  1. #21
    Concussed Villain
    Mondo Blando's Avatar
    Karma: 5821204
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,043
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4122 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowalk View Post
    The Kings, like all other teams, must play a certain amount of players with NHL experience in the upcoming preseason games. By adding these players, it allows the Kings to look at many players, but not forcing them to expose roster players to injury.
    If I am not mistaken, the China trip is a split squad deal with half the team staying behind for local preseason games as well.

    They need as many bodies as possible, so this PTO bunch is likely here to try to fill out that requirement.

  2. #22
    1st Scoring Line
    Moog's Avatar
    Karma: 2122686260
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,687
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1343 Post(s)

    Default

    Who likes Chinese?

    I do!

    Perfect, sign this PTO.

  3. #23
    2nd Scoring Line
    Catastrophe's Avatar
    Karma: 1237000
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

    Default

    I'll never understand multiple comment pages on these PTO-signing threads. Any other sport, it's a completely under the radar spring training/training camp invite for a washed up veteran, they play for a few weeks, and are released shortly before the season. In hockey, this brings about 30 different versions of "oh my god what are we doing I used to be excited for the season to start but after this we'll never advance past the first round of the playoffs that we'll never even qualify for in the first place because a 34 year old will be playing in the third period of an exhibition game against the Coyotes that I wouldn't watch if you paid me also all of our players are overpaid and should have been traded for cheaper prospects so that a year from now I could complain about how our team is comprised of nothing but cheap prospects and why didn't we sign any mediocre free agents to six-year deals that are way worse than the contracts I was complaining about in the first place" posts.

  4. #24
    Original Bandwaggoner
    Dr. Strangelove's Avatar
    Karma: 1067300
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    3,961
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Guess who's going to China?

  5. #25
    1st Scoring Line
    hokiecat's Avatar
    Karma: 2146491647
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,783
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    850 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post
    I'll never understand multiple comment pages on these PTO-signing threads. Any other sport, it's a completely under the radar spring training/training camp invite for a washed up veteran, they play for a few weeks, and are released shortly before the season. In hockey, this brings about 30 different versions of "oh my god what are we doing I used to be excited for the season to start but after this we'll never advance past the first round of the playoffs that we'll never even qualify for in the first place because a 34 year old will be playing in the third period of an exhibition game against the Coyotes that I wouldn't watch if you paid me also all of our players are overpaid and should have been traded for cheaper prospects so that a year from now I could complain about how our team is comprised of nothing but cheap prospects and why didn't we sign any mediocre free agents to six-year deals that are way worse than the contracts I was complaining about in the first place" posts.
    You almost nailed it. You forgot that the promotional schedule sucks now and the bobbleheads that they do give out now are plastic instead of ceramic and the jersey is still ugly. (And now with a lower stripe on the jersey).

  6. #26
    Do or Do Not!
    mitchrock's Avatar
    Karma: 1099032
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    26,214
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the China trip is a split squad deal with half the team staying behind for local preseason games as well.

    They need as many bodies as possible, so this PTO bunch is likely here to try to fill out that requirement.
    Split Squad games scare me. Not to be sexist, but guys understand me more. It gets really messy when you stand to take a piss and split stream happens which one goes into the bowl? Now, bring this back to the Kings which squad gets into the ****ter
    (China)? Long flight for a publicity stunt. Asking for players to get jet lag and more.

    I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

  7. #27
    All Star
    Ice24's Avatar
    Karma: 44250143
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,368
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    Split Squad games scare me. Not to be sexist, but guys understand me more. It gets really messy when you stand to take a piss and split stream happens which one goes into the bowl? Now, bring this back to the Kings which squad gets into the ****ter
    (China)? Long flight for a publicity stunt. Asking for players to get jet lag and more.
    I do hate the split stream, you're never in control! Wife hates the cleanup!

  8. #28
    Do or Do Not!
    mitchrock's Avatar
    Karma: 1099032
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    26,214
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    I do hate the split stream, you're never in control! Wife hates the cleanup!
    The struggle is real.

    I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •