Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowalk View Post
    The Kings, like all other teams, must play a certain amount of players with NHL experience in the upcoming preseason games. By adding these players, it allows the Kings to look at many players, but not forcing them to expose roster players to injury.
    If I am not mistaken, the China trip is a split squad deal with half the team staying behind for local preseason games as well.

They need as many bodies as possible, so this PTO bunch is likely here to try to fill out that requirement.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1343 Post(s)

Who likes Chinese?

I do!

Perfect, sign this PTO.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

I'll never understand multiple comment pages on these PTO-signing threads. Any other sport, it's a completely under the radar spring training/training camp invite for a washed up veteran, they play for a few weeks, and are released shortly before the season. In hockey, this brings about 30 different versions of "oh my god what are we doing I used to be excited for the season to start but after this we'll never advance past the first round of the playoffs that we'll never even qualify for in the first place because a 34 year old will be playing in the third period of an exhibition game against the Coyotes that I wouldn't watch if you paid me also all of our players are overpaid and should have been traded for cheaper prospects so that a year from now I could complain about how our team is comprised of nothing but cheap prospects and why didn't we sign any mediocre free agents to six-year deals that are way worse than the contracts I was complaining about in the first place" posts.

Original Bandwaggoner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Guess who's going to China?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    850 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post
    I'll never understand multiple comment pages on these PTO-signing threads. Any other sport, it's a completely under the radar spring training/training camp invite for a washed up veteran, they play for a few weeks, and are released shortly before the season. In hockey, this brings about 30 different versions of "oh my god what are we doing I used to be excited for the season to start but after this we'll never advance past the first round of the playoffs that we'll never even qualify for in the first place because a 34 year old will be playing in the third period of an exhibition game against the Coyotes that I wouldn't watch if you paid me also all of our players are overpaid and should have been traded for cheaper prospects so that a year from now I could complain about how our team is comprised of nothing but cheap prospects and why didn't we sign any mediocre free agents to six-year deals that are way worse than the contracts I was complaining about in the first place" posts.
    You almost nailed it. You forgot that the promotional schedule sucks now and the bobbleheads that they do give out now are plastic instead of ceramic and the jersey is still ugly. (And now with a lower stripe on the jersey).

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    If I am not mistaken, the China trip is a split squad deal with half the team staying behind for local preseason games as well.

They need as many bodies as possible, so this PTO bunch is likely here to try to fill out that requirement.
    Split Squad games scare me. Not to be sexist, but guys understand me more. It gets really messy when you stand to take a piss and split stream happens which one goes into the bowl? Now, bring this back to the Kings which squad gets into the ****ter
    (China)? Long flight for a publicity stunt. Asking for players to get jet lag and more.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1989 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    Split Squad games scare me. Not to be sexist, but guys understand me more. It gets really messy when you stand to take a piss and split stream happens which one goes into the bowl? Now, bring this back to the Kings which squad gets into the ****ter
    (China)? Long flight for a publicity stunt. Asking for players to get jet lag and more.
    I do hate the split stream, you're never in control! Wife hates the cleanup!

Do or Do Not!
    Images
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    930 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice24 View Post
    I do hate the split stream, you're never in control! Wife hates the cleanup!
    The struggle is real.

I am the Monkey King, I can do Anything.