1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    348 Post(s)

Default Article on Doughty from The Hockey News

Last edited by AngelEyes; September 9th, 2017 at 12:13 PM.

I don't rattle, kid.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2307 Post(s)

This is a great ***ing quote.

ďI donít necessarily think we entirely need to change our system, because we have a great defensive system, and I enjoy playing on a team that likes to crush guys into the boards,Ē he said. ďI donít want to be playing for a team where guys arenít going to finish their checks. Thatís not what Iím about.Ē
    Blake better figure out a way to fix this mess because if Doughty walks we could be looking at a repeat of the mid-90s era of absolute embarrassment every night.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    566 Post(s)

Uh oh. Doughty's talking about how Sutter took the fun out of playing. I sense 2000 threads of psychology assessment and character assassination, while saying how the Kings should trade him and how he's overpaid.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4120 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
    Uh oh. Doughty's talking about how Sutter took the fun out of playing. I sense 2000 threads of psychology assessment and character assassination, while saying how the Kings should trade him and how he's overpaid.
    Lol. Another smarmy dig about something you disagree with...

You never have to worry about Doughty giving his all. He's the best player drafted and developed in the history of the organization. He is a generational talent, and proven that you never have to worry about him playing at a high level.

He doesn't take shifts, games, weeks or months off like other players who deserve to have their effort questioned. You can count on him being effective for another 10-12 years in this league if he remains healthy, and giving him a max deal is absolutely worth it. He is just entering his prime, not like Anze who will see a minimum of four of the eight years out of his best physical years.

That being said, if he indicates that he won't re-sign, you MUST trade him. The health of the franchise is more important than any group of players, regardless of what they have accomplished.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4120 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post
    There's a whole heck of a lot of new in this article. Sure, it's framed towards creating a nervousness about his status, but he was very candid.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    566 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Lol. Another smarmy dig about something you disagree with...

You never have to worry about Doughty giving his all. He's the best player drafted and developed in the history of the organization. He is a generational talent, and proven that you never have to worry about him playing at a high level.

He doesn't take shifts, games, weeks or months off like other players who deserve to have their effort questioned. You can count on him being effective for another 10-12 years in this league if he remains healthy, and giving him a max deal is absolutely worth it. He is just entering his prime, not like Anze who will see a minimum of four of the eight years out of his best physical years.

That being said, if he indicates that he won't re-sign, you MUST trade him. The health of the franchise is more important than any group of players, regardless of what they have accomplished.
    So not willing to commit to fitness, going home to Toronto in the offseason, saying in other interviews how every Ontario player wants to play for Toronto isn't a question of his commitment to his team?

The one who says Sutter had to go doesn't lose leadership points?

Doughty will be worth max contract and will play at a high level until he's 38 years old, but Kopitar will be done at 34? Are these your thoughts or is Jim Fox thinking for you again?

My point is both Kopitar and Doughty need to do better as the leaders. But neither is singularly responsible for all wrong with the Kings. If you cannot apply your criticisms equally, then it's simply hypocrisy

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2646 Post(s)

So not willing to commit to fitness, going home to Toronto in the offseason, saying in other interviews how every Ontario player wants to play for Toronto isn't a question of his commitment to his team?

Doughty will be worth max contract and will play at a high level until he's 38 years old, but Kopitar will be done at 34? Are these your thoughts or is Jim Fox thinking for you again?

My point is both Kopitar and Doughty need to do better as the leaders. But neither is singularly responsible for all wrong with the Kings. If you cannot apply your criticisms equally, then it's simply hypocrisy
    Doughty competes every game, every period, every shift. He is sometimes guilty of trying to do too much. As opposed to Kopitar, who is often guilty of trying to do too little. It is the fundamental difference of taming a tiger vs. trying to paint stripes on a pussycat.

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    566 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post

Doughty competes every game, every period, every shift. He is sometimes guilty of trying to do too much. As opposed to Kopitar, who is often guilty of trying to do too little. It is the fundamental difference of taming a tiger vs. trying to paint stripes on a pussycat.
    Rationalized hypocrisy is still hypocrisy.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    276 Post(s)

Default Article on Doughty from The Hockey News

I love you all, so very much..

We Are All Champions x2!!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Kopitar the suck
    Doughty the not suck

Best quote, "I want to win Cups. I don’t give a s--- where I play"
    Last edited by Mr_Conie; September 9th, 2017 at 05:15 PM.