Thread: Doughty Clarifies Statement: "I want to be a King for Life"

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3069 Post(s)

There shouldn't be any restrictions regarding talking to Doughtys camp. However it wouldn't be productive until they can actually do anything.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3069 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    There's about 5 players I would take for DD. I'm talking Mcd, Eichel level players.

If Edmonton should teach you anything it's don't take the worse player and think the other scraps will make up for it. Chia has killed his team by doing that.
    I wouldn't take Eichel for DD honestly

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

I have no issue with what he said. Hey if I could get more money working for a better company that had better
    projects etc for me to work on I'd jump ship in a heartbeat. My family comes first. Same goes for who employs
    me. If they could find someone to do the work I do for less I'm gone. That's the world we live in. It's a business
    and so is hockey. Pay the man or he moves on. And if he does? The Kings get a handsome return. That said I hope
    he stays, we can afford the hit and he retires a King.

Support the Fans
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)

The Don - Bob Corleone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)

I disagree with the idea that's it's all a business and there's nothing wrong with these conversations. Of course, if someone works for corporate and they make it clear they want more money or they will look elsewhere, that's fine. It's expected and it doesn't really effect the organization.

A sports team, on the other hand, has an emotional element that doesn't exist in the former setting. Yes, players sign contracts, but if you expect to be a leader (or otherwise give a crap about your teammates) you'll discuss contract matters in private and/or at the appropriate time (e.g. The signing deadline has passed). DD is no spring chicken anymore and his leadership is counted on. I think someone like Brown would have deflected these types of questions two years before his contract was up, because he's a solid leader. (Insert obscure article with Brown complaining about his contract.)

The last guy I remember pulling this is Blake, so it's sort of poetic justice. Part of me is looking forward to watching this play out, maybe a little karma for Blake.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

[QUOTE=wupmasta2000;3265635]I disagree with the idea that's it's all a business and there's nothing wrong with these conversations. Of course, if someone works for corporate and they make it clear they want more money or they will look elsewhere, that's fine. It's expected and it doesn't really effect the organization./QUOTE]

That's crap. I've had people leave my work and its devastating just like if a star player bolts for elsewhere. Top talent is always difficult to replace. That's why it is also in demand.

You must Hebrew been much more happy with Lucic. I guess Drew should just lie and say he hopes to be here, he hopes the deal gets done, he's leaving it to his agent, but he's very happy. And then sign on day 1 with whoever offered the most money.

I have faith in Blake. Every move he's made has been great. Either he'll clear the cap room to sign Doughty or he'll move him for cheaper pieces. Either way, we'll be ok. The Tavares deal should be a good test case.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

[QUOTE=hokiecat;3265785]
    Quote Originally Posted by wupmasta2000 View Post
    I disagree with the idea that's it's all a business and there's nothing wrong with these conversations. Of course, if someone works for corporate and they make it clear they want more money or they will look elsewhere, that's fine. It's expected and it doesn't really effect the organization./QUOTE]

That's crap. I've had people leave my work and its devastating just like if a star player bolts for elsewhere. Top talent is always difficult to replace. That's why it is also in demand.

You must Hebrew been much more happy with Lucic. I guess Drew should just lie and say he hopes to be here, he hopes the deal gets done, he's leaving it to his agent, but he's very happy. And then sign on day 1 with whoever offered the most money.

I have faith in Blake. Every move he's made has been great. Either he'll clear the cap room to sign Doughty or he'll move him for cheaper pieces. Either way, we'll be ok. The Tavares deal should be a good test case.
    I don't know what the Jews have to do with all this.

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2736 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Moog;3265809]
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiecat View Post

I don't know what the Jews have to do with all this.
    You think the Kings giving away yurmalkes is a coincidence? It's all a global Jewish conspiracy. Take over the world, secretly replace all right-handed spoons with left-handed spoons and send Drew to the Maple Leafs.

Trouble Will Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    647 Post(s)

Time to get him that Diet Coke endorsement deal. That'll convince him to stay.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    931 Post(s)

cap going up to 78-82 million.