Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Expectations for opening night roster?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Camp is over so here's my final thoughts. Seems like the most interesting set of options with a final roster we've had for a long time.

Goaltending - Kuemper over Campbell but really hope Campbell doesn't get taken by another team.

On D we have 8 guys who i think can play in LA, hard decision coming down to what to do with these 3 guys - Fantenberg, McDermid, Folin. 2 of the 3 could make the roster but to retain all 3 Campbell has to go down and I would prefer to keep him on the roster. I think I got the waivers right on this group. I really like Folin being a RD and huge physical guy feeling like we may be a bit small since we lost Regher & Willie and McNabb last year. I suppose it will depend on if they feel Folin has too potential to lose him. Tough decision, here's my prediction:

Forbort - Doughty
    Muzzin - Martinez
    Fantenberg - Ladue
    Folin

Up front the top 6 are set. Bottoms 6 for sure are Lewis, Shore, Clifford and Kempe. Iafallo is the big news this year for me so I'd put him on the roster, leaving 1 spot that comes down to Auger (who also impressed showing great improvement), Broadzinksi. and Laich. I'm thinking JB but Auger has size, Laich gets cut. I dont know who can go thru waivers if any from this group.

Cammalleri - Kopitar - Brown
    Pearson - Carter - Toffoli
    Broadzinski - Kempe - Iafallo
    Clifford - Shore - Lewis

Cuts:
    Campbell
    McDermid
    Dowd (trade for pick?)
    Andreoff
    Laich

Really big upgrade with young D coming up over the last 2 years and a needed infusion of speed up front on the starting roster.
    Last edited by Rocket; October 1st, 2017 at 07:06 AM.

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Dowd is not going anywhere

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

to start:

Cammy/ Kopitar/ Brown
    Pearson/ Carter/ Toffoli
    Iafallo/ Kempe/ Dowd
    Clifford/ Shore/ Lewis

in the end...

Iafallo/ Kopitar/ Toffoli
    Pearson/ Carter/ Brodzinski
    Gaborik/ Dowd/ Brown
    Clifford/ Shore/ Lewis

Muzzin/ Doughty
    Martinez/ LaDue
    Forbort/ Folin

All Star
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    693 Post(s)

I did watch most of the preseason games and I'm really less pessimistic about the team. My thoughts:
    Offense:
    That 70s line looks solid. Love Carts and Pearson. TT needs to finish those wide open chances. I think he's trying to will the puck in. I'm concerned for Kopi's line. I believe it's going to be the line in flux all season and that is not good for Kopi, who's more of a playmaker then a game breaker. He needs someone, maybe breaking up T70sL should be the thinking if the first line is going to struggle. Nice of Stevens trying the young guy out in different situations. Who I'm disappointed in most is Kempe. The guy didn't click in ONT and his preseason was bad with taking all those penalties and mistakes that he should have learned from previous years. I guess we'll see if he can handle a full season because it's time to throw him in the big boy pool.

Defense:
    Surprisingly stable. I did not yell at my TV at Muzzin all preseason long. I think working out here in LA w/Marty really helped this pairing. If you would of told me that this pairing in coming back this season, then I would have laryngitis yelling at them, but they have really improved. And that Muzzin shot, hey, not bad! DD still needs target practice. Great to see young guys like Fantenberg positively contributing to the D. Quickie is Quickie but Kuemper is a steady guy...really like that combo. Hopefully Campbell clears waivers and stays with the team.

Coaching:
    I like the "let's give it a try" attitude Stevens brings. I mean from his interviews, he's a calm, smart guy who I believe the team trusts. I see changes on the power play, but still not seeing results. Overall, hey, I see hope for them making the playoffs in a weak Pacific. GKG!

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2549 Post(s)

Everyone who posted in this thread should be hired as a scout for the Kings. Seriously. Go back and re-read this. Everyone who posted made at least 2-3 correct predictions. And this was all without knowing about the Carter injury. And the "Cammalleri Factor" kept Iafallo out of all discussions.

P.S. thank goodness Nick Shore is gone.
    Last edited by Nyssa42; April 15th, 2018 at 01:59 AM.

GO KINGS GO!!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1804 Post(s)

Well I was 1 for 2.

Expectations: Low. WINNER!

Jay Flats getting fired.....Nope.....Cant' win 'em all.

Gonna go out and buy one of the Kings "Making History" on the golf course shirts.

Fore! Time to get (slightly) excited about the upcoming draft.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    825 Post(s)

I seriously thought this was the start of a 2018 season thread....haha. bad eyes reading it on my cell at the local watering hole after work

We Are All Champions x2!!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper9 View Post
    Dowd is not going anywhere
    I love reading old posts

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned