Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kneeling Phenomena (during National Anthem)

Leaners FTL.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    467 Post(s)

Default The Kneeling Phenomena (during National Anthem)

I recently posted to an NFL discussion forum I belong to, regarding this subject

One of the things I told my fellow Raider Nation fans, was that this kind of thing is not prevalent (yet) in the NHL, and that any disenfranchised football fans who are boycotting football this season, or at least until this bull**** stops, and who enjoy high-contact high-energy sports, should consider hockey.

I told them that we as patriotic hockey fans, welcome any patriotic football fans who are looking for a more physical alternative to baseball to come watch hockey this season. It might be the last sport left that won't be infected by the anti-Americanism on display in football

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4170 Post(s)

It's not anti-Americanism. It's anti-facism.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3035 Post(s)

No matter what this thread is getting shut down

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

One thing has always puzzled me about this kneeling gesture since it came up. Isn't kneeling a greater sign of respect than standing? It certainly is in church. That's obviously not how these NFL players intend it, but I wonder why they wouldn't use another expression (like sitting) instead?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    It's not anti-Americanism. It's anti-facism.
    They probably can't spell Fascism, let alone identify it. They're morons who don't realize how stupid it is to protest the Anthem that is representative of the nation that affords the protection of their right to protest.

Perhaps you can tell me which line of the Anthem glorifies fascism; I can't seem to find it.

Let's face it, it's about cops fighting crime, and with the NFL being a league of criminals, they stand...err, kneel in solidarity against accountability.
    Last edited by salami; September 24th, 2017 at 01:52 PM.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    419 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 05/29/93 View Post
    One thing has always puzzled me about this kneeling gesture since it came up. Isn't kneeling a greater sign of respect than standing? It certainly is in church. That's obviously not how these NFL players intend it, but I wonder why they wouldn't use another expression (like sitting) instead?

They're too god damned stupid to think to that level of detail. Now the coaches have them hiding in locker rooms rather than taking a stand and benching the idiots. Cowards...the god damned lot of them.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4170 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    They probably can't spell Fascism, let alone identify it. They're morons who don't realize how stupid it is to protest the Anthem that is representative of the nation that affords the protection of their right to protest.

Perhaps you can tell me which line of the Anthem glorifies fascism; I can't seem to find it.

Let's face it, it's about cops fighting crime, and with the NFL being a league of criminals, they stand...err, kneel in solidarity against accountability.
    You answered your own question. Protesting is the ultimate act of expressing one's freedom.

Don't lose that in the fervor.

Hockey Purist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)

Hive minded tribalistic morons who don't have the spine to acknowledge that the numbers prove their narrative is a lie.

Regina...rhymes with fun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

The underlying issue is real and deserves attention, therefore I try to remember the visceral emotions that police killings evoke amidst the African American community when I consider my opinion of kneeling. I must keep that in mind to mitigate my natural reaction of offense and disgust at the unnecessary disrespect shown. Not unnecessary in that vehement protest is offered up. No doubt that there needs to be vehement protest at what is clearly a multitude of departments and jurisdictions who, some much worse than others, have allowed bad policy, training and dishonest post incident evaluation to collectively include collosal, life-taking injustice along with the honorable, difficult, thankless and vital services they do provide. My regret is that the involvement of the American flag sets a tone to deafen those who might otherwise be swayed by a courageous entreaty to look at things from an African American perspective. Kind of like insulting a person and then trying to get them to see things from your perspective. It's just not necessary to bring the anthem and flag into the delicate situation unless you're just as fine with division and deterioration of race relations as with improvement.

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    464 Post(s)

Everyone has the right to protest, the players and the ticket holders.