Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    650 Post(s)

Default 108...107...106...105

...let the countdown to the Cubs' next World Series begins. :P

Dodgers first-ball swinging against Quintana's tendency for throwing first-ball strikes...and it pays off. A double by Cody Bellinger on the first pitch, after a Chris Taylor walk, drives in a run in the first. A first-pitch homer by Kike Hernandez in the second...and the Dodgers are off and running.

The theme of the playoffs continues for the Dodgers as they routinely put runners on base in almost every inning, putting the pressure on the opposing pitchers and making them work as they lay off bad pitches and foul off ball after ball.

Teenwoolf Turner continued his torrid hitting with runners in scoring position, driving in Chris Taylor in the third. Bellinger and Puig load the bases with consecutive singles following Turner and with nobody out that sends Quintana to the showers after only 2 innings. And that's a good thing, because after reliever Hector Rendon gets Forsythe to strike out, Kike delivers his second home run in as many at bats, a bases clearing GRAND SLAM!! 7-0 Blue.

Kike finishes the night in the 9th with another 2-run homer, tying the NL record for post-season homers in one game and 7 RBIs, setting the record for most post-season RBIs in one game!

Oh, almost forgot, Clayton Kershaw on the mound. Wrigley Library was closed for the winter.

11-1 Final!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    595 Post(s)

I hope those Doyers fans that said they would lose the series without Seager feel pretty silly.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Cody the bandanna wearing dog, got some redemption tonight. Dude, there are fireworks going off in my neighborhood. Stoked!!

Necromancer
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    650 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Cody the bandanna wearing dog, got some redemption tonight. Dude, there are fireworks going off in my neighborhood. Stoked!!
    Nice!

I live in Vegas, so no celebration to speak of here. :\

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Lich: Yepper, things got a little rowdy last night. And, this morning there are reports of tickets going for $900-$11k for game one. Insanity.

With that said, I'm feeling you've got the love for the Blue; perhaps you and your significant other/kids/friends should do a road trip to watch a game at a bar in LA. The vibes are going to be ridiculous.

In 2012 I watched the Kings lift the cup in another state, was not the same. Cut out of work, found the closest bar (Irish pub) paid the bartender to change the channel and lost my mind*. Wish I had been in LA. =(

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    768 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Lich: Yepper, things got a little rowdy last night. And, this morning there are reports of tickets going for $900-$11k for game one. Insanity.
    I was checking Stubhub for the past 2 days, and the cheapest I had seen were $840 top deck for game 2. As of right now I see $865 for game 2, $950 for game 1. Sure different from when I paid $80 for good seats to a Padres world series game in SD in 1998.

Oh and if its the Yankees I can see prices going up too.

The bars suck in jail
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Need more of this.

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

thank you based god for my family having season seats see yall in the world series!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy1 View Post
    I was checking Stubhub for the past 2 days, and the cheapest I had seen were $840 top deck for game 2. As of right now I see $865 for game 2, $950 for game 1. Sure different from when I paid $80 for good seats to a Padres world series game in SD in 1998.

Oh and if its the Yankees I can see prices going up too.
    By a factor of 10.