The bars suck in jail
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Default World Series 2017 - Dodgers vs. Astros

Not big into predictions, but I will say if the Dodgers continue to work those 6-8 pitch at-bats (I think this is the LA's biggest strength) and wear down the Astros' starters to get to the bullpen (Houston's bullpen is easily the biggest weakness of either club) this will end well. Otherwise right now I'm just a giddy little schoolgirl that will throw a major temper tantrum if they lose. Go Doyers!

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

School girl giddiness is the perfect description of how I feel; nervous but excited. Will defer to you on the analytics of the situation. I've been reading the same box scores and articles as everyone else and my, my, is Plaschke is getting flowery. But, hey, sing when you're winning. =)

Started receiving unflattering pictures of Tommy Lasorda eating spaghetti via text very early this morning from my Red Sox fan friend. Clown. May need a Michelada based lunch to even this nonsense out.

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3600 Post(s)

Go Dodgers!!! Go Big Blue!!! My son finally gets to see his first Dodger World Series -- and he's 24!

The bars suck in jail
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mervaldez View Post
    Nice!

Did you see the look on the Astro's faces when they scanned the bench in the 9th when Kenley took the mound? Total defeat.

Hyperbolic V.I.P.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    326 Post(s)

Anyone watching this 10th inning?!!

The bars suck in jail
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    Anyone watching this 10th inning?!!
    Yes!

But then I watched the 11th inning ...

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

Love Dave Roberts but he totally over managed last night. We have a series now unfortunately. Was totally hoping for a sweep to keep those 'stros bats quiet ...

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roenick View Post
    Love Dave Roberts but he totally over managed last night. We have a series now unfortunately. Was totally hoping for a sweep to keep those 'stros bats quiet ...
    Roenick: I feel you on the sweep but upon hungover reflection, they are going to make the Dodgers earn it. Challenge accepted. Really hope this goes the distance because so far people are getting their money's worth. Was way too nervous yesterday about Hill reverting back to well, Rich Hill but he held his own, good for him. Cannot believe that he's our number two guy, but that's Dave's call. Not worried at all with Darvish on the mound Friday and content with the home split.

Side note: Who is the catcher for the Astros, Evan Gattis? Sweet Jesus that is the manliest-man I've ever seen. Seriously, when he came up to bat everything slowed down, the molecules in the air began to twinkle and 'Dream Weaver' started to play in my head.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    286 Post(s)

The Dodgers were actually fortunate to be in that game last night, with only 5 hits. I can also see why Roberts pulled Hill so early. The Dodgers were already down 1-0, and the Astros had been getting men on base against him. If the lead grew more, with Verlander on the mound, the Dodgers would have been in deep trouble. I think Roberts went to his pen to keep it close. THen, all heck broke loose in the late innings. Remember, these are the two best teams, and the first time since 1970 that two 100 win teams are in the World Series. This has seven games written all over it, and if last night was any indication, we're well on our way to an all-time classic. Enjoy!