Thread: Kerry Fraser has incurable cancer.

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1084 Post(s)

Default Kerry Fraser has incurable cancer.

One of the best...including flow. :(
    https://www.nhl.com/news/kerry-frase...is/c-292541764

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Cancer bites the big one! My father died of cancer in 2010 and my mother died of cancer on Oct 17 of this year. Sucks just sitting there watching them take their last breaths. Someday they'll find a cure, but I am negative person and believe that they might already have cures but there is no money in it so we'll never see it.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eskymi View Post
    Cancer bites the big one! My father died of cancer in 2010 and my mother died of cancer on Oct 17 of this year. Sucks just sitting there watching them take their last breaths. Someday they'll find a cure, but I am negative person and believe that they might already have cures but there is no money in it so we'll never see it.
    Well, with the amount of corruption and shady schemes going on in this world, anything is possible, but...I think, considering you'd probably need quite a hefty team of scientists to discover the cure...there's a high chance one of those people would whistle something, no? I think they (whoever that is that would want to) would have a very hard time keeping it a secret for the foreseeable future.

Sad news, but I guess that despite the fact that he's been diagnosed with a (currently) incurable cancer, the prognosis is actually much better than for most otherwise curable cancer patients that, if diagnosed too late or if they're unlucky, could be dead in a matter of months or a few years tops in many cases. Let's just hope there won't be any major complications down the road.

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    466 Post(s)

Sad news for Kerry, it has an enormous impact on your life that you would never believe. I've been fighting it for two years and believe I will win but I still have two more years of chemo just to get there and there is everything.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    518 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eskymi View Post
    So sorry for the loss of your dad and mom to Cancer,eskymi.My brother died from Non Hodgekins Lymphoma in 2010 and my father died from throat Cancer in 2014,so I feel your pain on losing a family member.My thoughts and Prayers are with you empire,that you will be successful in beating Cancer.

I have a bad rep!
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)

For those with a family history of cancer, I recommend asking your doctor about genetic testing (or at least reading up on it). I had blood drawn for it yesterday after watching a video and then speaking to a genetic counselor over the phone at my doctor's office. The testing company is pushing it ($$$ of course) and they said most insurance companies are now covering it with little or no out of pocket expense. They can't find out the bottom line until the doctor sends a blood sample and paperwork, and you first have to be classified with a high potential for having a genetic mutation. When I checked 4 years ago it was going to cost $300-$400 out of pocket, so maybe the ACA has helped get better coverage for testing. I'll post a follow-up when I find out exactly what it will cost.
    The upside is that the doctors and insurance companies will be on board for more aggressive screenings and treatments if you have a genetic mutation. It also lets you warn blood relatives (if they want to know, as some people may choose not to) that they may carry the mutation. Siblings and children would have a 50% chance of having it. The testing has improved over the years, so they can now more precisely narrow down which types of cancer an individual is most at risk for. This will allow for early and more frequent screenings than what is standard, which in turn will allow for preventive treatment and hopefully for earliest possible detection.

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1084 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empire View Post
    I've been fighting it for two years and believe I will win but I still have two more years of chemo just to get there and there is everything.
    Dang, empire. I wish you all the best man.

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    466 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
    Dang, empire. I wish you all the best man.
    Thanks, only 2 more years of chemo, I can do this.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by empire View Post
    Thanks, only 2 more years of chemo, I can do this.
    Keep fighting!

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    239 Post(s)

Default Kerry Fraser has incurable cancer.

Wishing you the best Empire. Keep on fighting.