Thread: Dustin Brown $&*@ post

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

Not a snowball's chance in hell. Brownie is is a force every time he's on the ice. He makes our first line legit as one part of a whole and the synergy is undeniable. Yeah, I haven't seen him play like this since 2K12, and it's damn refreshing to see his confidence on display once again. The addition of Iafollo on that line is part of it too, but I believe even more than Drew, Brownie is seen as the heart of this team, and where he goes the team will follow.

Your attention please...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

I love that Brown is playing really well...but I don't know how long it will last. It you get the chance to move him...you move him.

First you get people complaining that NO ONE will EVER take that salary...now it's Don't trade him even if someone will take him. Now, If Gabby comes back and starts to play as well as Brown and HE gets a taker...I think you can keep Brown a little longer. I still think that those two salaries need to go in order to keep this team going in the right direction. Kids are coming in and playing really well, which is what makes it easier to move some vets (if there are takers). The kids will still need to be paid, Doughty is gonna take up half the payroll, and Pearson and Toff didn't sign long term contracts, so they will be up again soon. Over 10 mil in Gabby and Brown still need to go.

Best case scenario, they both kick ass this season, we win the Cup, and BOTH guys have takers.
    Probable scenario, They both play really well, we do a little damage in the playoffs, and maybe ONE has a taker in the off-season.
    Bad case, Brown cools off and stays there, Gabby plays merry-go-round on the IR , and the team is stuck with both for the entirety of their contracts. Keeping them both for that amount of time needs to be avoided.

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1639 Post(s)

Haha. Had the Vegas team picked him up during the expansion team, they would have had all the points right now.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)

Nobody will take his contract.
    Be happy he is surprising so far this season.
    Will he play to the value of his contact this season?
    Wait and see.

#1 Kings fan In The World
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

Default Dustin Brown $&*@ post

I like Brownie a lot, I think we are still paying him for both of the cups ...

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    I wouldn't say "no one".

Quote Originally Posted by salami View Post
    1) Seeing Brown having a resurgence (20G/40A is what I expect)
    2) Seeing Kopi return to form and leading the team in goals and assists
    3) Seeing a high-flying offensive system under Stevens, while maintaining the innate defensive responsibility that has been engrained over the last 10 years
    4) Making a real run at the playoffs on the back of an elite goaltender in Quick

On a side note, I'm also looking forward to seeing what Cammalleri can do this year. That's a boom or bust deal, so just seeing how it works out will be interesting.

http://letsgokings.com/showthread.ph...=1#post3249594
    I wonder how the response to that prediction is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by jom View Post
    I'm hoping for
    1) Congress repeals the tax laws which makes them illegal to enforce.
    2) I win the lottery
    3) The return of my libido to when I was 17
    4) Getting my hair back

It's a boom or bust deal but it'll be interesting to see if it works out.

jom

Two-way grinding forward
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Giveittomodry View Post
    I know Iím going to be flamed for this, but I have to ask, if the phone were to ring with a Dustin Brown offer because of his amazing play and it gives us a chance to dump his salary, but no other return, do you do it?
    I don't get the premise. A "Dustin Brown offer...but no other return..." Does that mean another team is offering to take him for nothing and the Kings get only a salary dump in return? Not likely. As with any situation, it depends on the offer. The question as to any offer would be "does it improve the team?" Hell, Kopitar is tradable if the offer makes the team better. Brown is back to doing what got him that big contract in the first place - playing physical (although not as much as when he was a rookie), creating traffic in front of the net, getting back on D quickly, getting open when a teammate has the puck. If another team offered a younger player that does all that well but at a lower salary, then maybe I'd bite.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GimpyHip View Post
    I wonder how the response to that prediction is doing?
    I like jom, so I hope it goes well.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    774 Post(s)

If there's a deal to be made, you have to consider it. And if you can get back something useful, to kind of have to do it.

I don't really care about the outcome of this season as a fan. I'm more concerned about what has to happen to get Doughty to re-sign. If that means riding Brown to a playoff spot this season, signing Doughty, then moving Brown in the summer, then so be it.

But long term, I doubt that Brown contract is in the best interest of the team. Even with his play in these first 14 games.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrinderCB View Post
    I don't get the premise. A "Dustin Brown offer...but no other return..." Does that mean another team is offering to take him for nothing and the Kings get only a salary dump in return? Not likely. As with any situation, it depends on the offer. The question as to any offer would be "does it improve the team?" Hell, Kopitar is tradable if the offer makes the team better. Brown is back to doing what got him that big contract in the first place - playing physical (although not as much as when he was a rookie), creating traffic in front of the net, getting back on D quickly, getting open when a teammate has the puck. If another team offered a younger player that does all that well but at a lower salary, then maybe I'd bite.
    And most importantly he does not fall as he used to the last couple of years . Turnovers are down entering the offensive zone.