04/09/17 -- Kings 3, Ducks 4 OT
    02/25/17 -- Ducks 1, Kings 4
    02/19/17 -- Kings 0, Ducks 1
    11/20/16 -- Kings 3, Ducks 2
    11/01/16 -- Ducks 4, Kings 0

GAME TIME **7:00PM**

TV: **NBCSN at 7:00pm**

Radio: 790 KABC or NHL app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Christian Folin & Alex Iafallo Nov 4th Post Game Quotes &
    Drew Doughty & Alec Martinez Nov 6th Practice Quotes

Read more quotes and articles at Jon Rosen's Blog here

Christian Folin, on earning one point from the overtime loss:

We did a good job coming back in the third, obviously. I think that was the best part of our game in the third. We came out right away and played really well, the way we should be playing all night.
    Folin, on whether his fake rim-around, shot-on-net goal was planned:

Dave was talking about it during the second period. Letís waste one, fire one at the net because he was going out to play the puck really early. It was in my mind, and I just decided to shoot and try it. [Reporter: Had you ever seen a goal like that?] Yeah, one of my teammates did it in college, actually. It had the same problem Ė the goalies were just going out and playing everything. They were leaving the net early, so we just decided to throw one in there. I mean, after that, I think we got a lot better pressure because he was staying back in his net and he wasnít jumping out and everything.
    Folin, on what was said during the second intermission:

We just talked about that it was a good challenge for our team. We hadnít played that well so far in the game and we wanted to come out and play really well in the third.

Alex Iafallo, on his first goal:
    [joined in progress]Öitíll be pretty cool to say that I got a pass to a wide open net from Kopitar, so it was pretty special. [Reporter: It couldnít have been much easier. Basically, a slam dunk.] Yeah, I just had to put it in. But, yeah, I finally got a weight lifted off the back. A tough way to lose, but I feel like we battled hard, and Iíve just got to keep working hard.
    Iafallo, on whether not having scored weighed on him despite his quality play:

A little bit, yeah. I knew it was going to come. I just wanted to make sure I just played the game and didnít worry about scoring too much. Just play normal and just be a good teammate. Iím glad it finally went in.
    Iafallo, on the wave of offensive chances in the third period:

Yeah, everything Ė I mean, thatís just how the game goes sometimes. You get some good waves. Just had a lot of good plays, especially from the start of the third. I think thatís what we were kind of happy about. Itís a tough overtime loss, but we battled back at least, so weíve just got to remember what we did and keep staying positive.

Nov 6th Practice Quotes

Drew Doughty, on whether thereís good emotion to Kings-Ducks games:
    Yeah, itís always fun. Good team. Theyíve been probably better than us in the last three years or so. Ö Iím not sure what the head-to-head match has been, but theyíre a division team, a division rival, theyíre only just down the road there. Have a lot of support there from our fans in their building. I feel like we always show up to play there and play well.
    Doughty, on wanting to keep the teamís momentum going:

Yeah, keep it going. Weíre having so much fun. I havenít had this much fun playing hockey since we won the Stanley Cup last, so thatís a long a time. Iím a guy that likes to have fun, and I find fun in all sorts of different ways, and if Iím not having fun, then probably no oneís having fun. This has been awesome so far, but once you start losing, then the whole mentality changes. Weíre just having fun right now and playing good hockey. Weíre backing each other up. We know that the guy beside us is always there for the other one. Weíre standing up for each other in scrums, stuff like that. We just have a great team mentality here, and everyoneís playing for the guy beside him.

Alec Martinez, on the heavy divisional schedule upcoming:

Itís no secret. Weíve talked about it before. Itís division games that get you a playoff spot or not. I believe thereís 28 of Ďem, and weíve got certainly a big one tomorrow. Itís the last one of the segments that we do Itís a divisional opponent, itís a crosstown rival , so itís obviously going to be a big game, but I think with the addition of Vegas and all that, I guess you play everyone in your division four times and we play Anaheim five. Ö
    Martinez, on Doughtyís allusion to having a lot of fun at the rink:
    I think that you see it on the ice. Itís not just from an individual standpoint. I know guys are having fun, but you can see it in our practices. You see it in our games. Just look at last game. I know that we came up short, but we battled back, we didnít go away, we stuck with it, and I think that kind of reflective of the character and the determination and spirit of this team. Itís a big difference this year.
    Martinez, on what can be cleaned up from the teamís game:

I think our power play can improve. I think weíre generating chances. Special teams are always huge. I think our PK has been pretty good this year. There are a couple things that we can shore up, but I think you can look at probably playing a full 60. Itís kind of funny. We score a lot of goals in the third period. I donít know what our first is. I think itís about even, but Iíd say for the most part, weíve had pretty good starts in terms of energy and playing our game, and perhaps maybe we just havenít had the bounces that way. I think the big thing is focusing on our start and taking advantage of this homestand. I know we travel a couple times, but itís not very far. I think just shoring up our team game and just keep on working on the new methodology and all that that the coaches are trying to get us to do this year.

Subject To Change

FORWARDS

Kings Injuries:

Jeff Carter (IR)
    Kyle Clifford(IR)
    Marian Gaborik

Ducks Probable Lineup
    (courtesy of www2.dailyfaceoff.com)

FORWARDS

GOALIE COMPARISONS

PLAYER STATS

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Today's Poll Question:

Kings/Ducks games tend to be penalty filled...How many TOTAL PENALTY MINUTES will be accumulated by both teams tonight? (If no one hits it dead on, then +/- 2 mins guessers will get a point. But if 1 or more posters get it exactly correct, only those posters will get a point)

Take your best guess in your post below.

The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Poll Winners:

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly predicted the previous game would be decided by one goal: forum gold, notbob, Helvetica, CIrvine, KHenry14, Hkyfmly, LeftyKing, hokeicat, Shackleford, TooCool, Liz4LA

King of the Mountain

Helvetica with 6 wins!!!

5 Wins:

Shackleford

4 Wins:

forum gold
    LeftyKing
    hokiecat

3 Wins Each:

05/29/93
    srm1105
    CUP4LA
    Sevenhole

sorry if Iím missing anyone else with 3 winsÖhavenít quite got my spreadsheet up to date yet

And, if you like the polls, you might also enjoy betting your hard earned karma in geogirl's KARMA BETTING THREAD here

Any suggestions, pics, poll questions, etc. - email me at lgknyssa42@gmail.com

Photos courtesy of Rinkrat, Getty Images, and NHL.com.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

I'll chime in with the "Big 40" in PIM's Thanks for putting together the great GDT's Nyssa,the help from jammer and others.

For King, Ace Whole
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Tooty (30) penalty minutes.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3062 Post(s)

Thanks Nyssa!

Put me down for 24 PIM

NBCSN, I'm guessing we join with 18 mins to play in the first

Luc says: how you doin'?
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    731 Post(s)

28 PIM's.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

22 pim

Į\_(ツ)_/Į
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    716 Post(s)

Many thanks to Nyssa and jammer for all they do to bring us the best damn GDTs in the league!

I'll go with 26 PIM for tonight's scrap. Here's hoping it's a fun tilt!
    "Bob Miller did a great job for the Kings for over a number of years." -Daryl Evans, March 23, 2017.

2nd Scoring Line
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

12 mins only.
    GKG!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned