Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirJW View Post
    Wait so the national guy and Bob can restrain Fox but Faust is getting a pass? Doesn't make sense.
    Faust is in his first season with the Kings and he's paired with Fox who has been with the team for longer than he should be at this point. I think Faust is simply deferring to the veteran and letting Jim run the show so to speak. And Fox is a veteran who is not showing professional leadership. So yes, it entirely makes sense. It's like the Kings just in the broadcast booth.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4568 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirJW View Post
    Sorry Stormy2213, IMO Fox does fine on NBCSN with other pbp broadcasters, in fact I have always appreciated how neutral he calls the games when on a national broadcast.
    Sure, and that is the problem. Fox is a terrific guy, very knowledgeable and frank in person.

However, he has taken it upon himself to be our Uncle Jimmy who wants to hug us and tell us that things are okay when they really aren't. He practically apologized for players when they make dumb mistakes. He over emphasizes simple every day plays to make them appear like the players are doing something special.

He knows that the Kings are in a downswing, so he tried to cheer everything up with humor instead of discussing the reality of the individual situations. He cares so much, and knows we do too, so he is far more concerned with how our "family" feels than calling the games.

Poor Faust can't be fairly judged because Fox dictates the tone of every broadcast. The pbp here is actually reduced to the color spot because there just isn't any room to talk. Faust is clearly uncomfortable, as I am as an audience member, because I can't recall any other announce team in any sport that chooses to run their broadcasts in this manner.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)

Gotta say I disagree with this one. I do think Fox is going a bit off the deep end lately, but he is typically the one who tries to bring Faust back to calling the game. And I do think he now seems to try to make some excuses for the players that we didn't see as much of in the past--still he is better than what I see on most other team's broadcast. I don't think he has graduated to full blown homerism but maybe thats a matter of taste. That said, early in the season, it was Faust's not calling the game that gave Jim all this time to babble, and Jim has now stepped up and taken that time. I thought Jim was terrific with Bob, and I gained a lot from listening to him. Ultimately though its up to Faust to actually describe what is going on and stop chit chatting, or to integrate the details he has studied into his call. I used to always laugh when Bob was say something like "Robert Lang, out of Czechoslovakia, with the puck" .

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    994 Post(s)

If you have a problem with Faust and Fox, you need to be mad at their producer for not reigning them in. These two have bosses who evaluate every gamecast and that jocularity people are complaining about has undoubtedly been noticed and for some reason hasn't been curtailed by the bosses. Alex and Jim are professionals who are used to being critiqued, so they would be changing their broadcast if they were told to.

Alex said months ago that the broadcast he and Jim would be giving in April would be a lot better than the ones they gave in November. So why not hold him to that promise and back off the criticism for the time being?

All Star
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    650 Post(s)

As I've said over and over.......Kings hockey games are now known by me as "An Evening With Jim Fox." That's a negative, not a positive.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHenry14 View Post
    If you have a problem with Faust and Fox, you need to be mad at their producer for not reigning them in. These two have bosses who evaluate every gamecast and that jocularity people are complaining about has undoubtedly been noticed and for some reason hasn't been curtailed by the bosses. Alex and Jim are professionals who are used to being critiqued, so they would be changing their broadcast if they were told to.

Alex said months ago that the broadcast he and Jim would be giving in April would be a lot better than the ones they gave in November. So why not hold him to that promise and back off the criticism for the time being?
    Post the producers contact info and I'll gladly link them to this thread.

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    994 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Post the producers contact info and I'll gladly link them to this thread.
    Try Michael Altieri's twitter: https://twitter.com/MichaelAAltieri/

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)

Simulcast of radio & tv with Nic as pbp, Daryl next to him and Fox between the benches with Nic’s finger on the trigger to turn Jim’s mic off

Hyperbolic V.I.P.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

Should be Nick Nixon in there.

I thought I read somewhere that he turned down the offer?

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2052 Post(s)

I have a problem with the LA Kings team. I understand that a lot of you would rather hear the commentary than watch the hockey and that is OK. I don't care how good the play by play is or if it is terrible, if the team stinks, does it really matter? I'm not watching the announcers.