Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1115 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudfisher View Post
    I dunno "Gary Thorne" brought back NHL2Night memories
    Brought back a lot of memories for me, too. I would have loved to have him call the Kings PBP.

But Alex is doing fine.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    I know most of us don't like the idea of a "national voice," preferring the unique sound of Bob. But the benefit of it is that Faust is already calling our games on NBC! That means last night we got a knowledgeable Kings broadcast instead of a generic, bland national call. Because he may be a national sounding guy, but he's our national sounding guy, not ****ing Randy Hahn!
    I liked how Bob didn't sound like every other announcer but this is something I hadn't thought of. If we could get Faust on national broadcasts instead of that Sharks clown, that's an added bonus.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by headoffat View Post
    Amen to that! I miss David Courtney so so very much! Its so sad that they couldnt find anyone better. Id even take jay flats at this point. Its freakin amateur hour at the stapler on game nights.
    Oh hell no! Jay is atrocious.

Gross Impressions
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

Yeah...I've been trying but I just don't much like Faust. I too wanted Thorne...would have been perfect.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Faust is fine but he seems very cookie-cutter. There isn't anything that really makes him stand out. He doesn't detract but not a lot of character. Hopefully he finds his niche and continues to improve.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1602 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GALLY View Post
    Faust is fine but he seems very cookie-cutter. There isn't anything that really makes him stand out. He doesn't detract but not a lot of character. Hopefully he finds his niche and continues to improve.
    This is what i was going to say to some degree. Frankly, he sounds like a guy that has all the tools and just needs some time to develop his style and some chemistry with Fox. Those things take time, and i wouldn't at all be surprised if Kings fans are singing his praises in the decades to come. The guy is young, and has a great start to his career here. Im looking forward to watching this guy perfect his craft.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1145 Post(s)

Anyone notice the awkward moment late in the 3rd tonight when Foxy was talking about timeouts? Faust was very quick to say “you cannot call a timeout on an icing”, to which Foxy almost mumbled under his breath, “I was talking about the Kings possibly using their timeout.” Jim seemed noticeably bothered by Faust’s comment.
    Last edited by beedee; November 15th, 2017 at 10:16 AM.

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    587 Post(s)

Maybe it's about time someone starts calling out Fox from the standpoint of the booth. Stop it here, boys.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    876 Post(s)

Last night I noticed Faust kept calling Daniel and Henrik "Sedin" All of us know Bob used to call them by their first names, which is especially important since they are almost always on the ice at the same time. So I tweeted to Alex at the 2nd intermission, and he agreed that it's confusing and that it was just a habit of calling everyone by their last names. And sure enough in the 3rd he started using their first names. Just shows he's willing to get better.

BTW, while I think it's romantic to think Alex might stay for decades like Bob, he seems too ambitious for that to happen. I fully expect him to go after a network gig down the line

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2020 Post(s)

I too wanted Thorne, however he had another job, I believe with the Orioles. I am more concerned about the play on the ice than whomever is calling the game. Faust is doing a fine job for his rookie campaign with the Kings. Sure he makes mistakes but they all do. Two games at home with leads and 0 points. I understand we all expected this but to the Canucks? I am watching goals from the Kings opposition and some are worried and critiquing the play by play person. Thank you