Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124

Thread: My opinion on Faust.

  1. #1
    1st Scoring Line
    MiketheKing's Avatar
    Karma: 1598200
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

    Default My opinion on Faust.

    Faust seems like a nice enough guy and I'm sure he'll grow into the position over time, but watching the game replay against the duck tonight it struck me what irks me: I simply don't buy that this guy actually talks like this in real life with a big deep purposeful sportscaster voice and cadance. To me it seems so inauthentic. Bob Miller was perfect because his voice was his voice and without fabrication, same with Foxy as annoying as he can be, its not an act!

    I've never met Alex before my life but I can guarantee he doesn't talk like that outside the rink...and God help him if I'm wrong and he actually speaks like that at age 23! This is why every games like feels like an away game on TV... I'm just not buying his persona.

    Anybody else feel this way or completely disagree?
    Last edited by MiketheKing; November 8th, 2017 at 02:55 AM.

  2. #2
    2nd Scoring Line
    BOMBER's Avatar
    Karma: 1179885
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    Faust seems like a nice enough guy and I'm sure he'll grow into the position over time, but watching the game replay against the duck tonight it struck me what irks me: I simply don't buy that this guy actually talks like this in real life with a big deep purposeful sportscaster voice and cadance. To me it seems so inauthentic. Bob Miller was perfect because his voice was his voice and without fabrication, same with Foxy as annoying as he can be, its not an act!

    I've never met Alex before my life but I can guarantee he doesn't talk like that outside the rink...and God help him if I'm wrong and he actually speaks like that at age 23! This is why every games like feels like an away game on TV... I'm just not buying his persona.

    Anybody else feel this way or completely disagree?
    He sounds and looks like an over educated pretty boy sports announcer trying too hard to say the next perfect line...Kings fans will never take to him the way they did to Bob because Bob loved the Kings as much as he did his career.

    I wanted Thorne or Strangis to take over for Bob...they came with a veteran first hand history of the game.

  3. #3
    2nd Scoring Line
    Catastrophe's Avatar
    Karma: 1262000
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    382
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    I've never met Alex before my life but I can guarantee he doesn't talk like that outside the rink...and God help him if I'm wrong and he actually speaks like that at age 23! This is why every games like feels like an away game on TV... I'm just not buying his persona.

    Anybody else feel this way or completely disagree?
    Having heard him have lengthy conversations with every single fan in the broadcasters/legends line at Meet the Players for well over an hour, I can assure you he talks exactly like that in real life.

  4. #4
    1st Scoring Line
    Mulletsave30's Avatar
    Karma: 9590144
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOMBER View Post
    He sounds and looks like an over educated pretty boy sports announcer trying too hard to say the next perfect line...Kings fans will never take to him the way they did to Bob because Bob loved the Kings as much as he did his career.

    I wanted Thorne or Strangis to take over for Bob...they came with a veteran first hand history of the game.
    I as well wanted Thorne...but Faust is doing fine imho. Perhaps he'll mellow with age..but from what I've heard from past announcers in other cities when I used to have Center Ice, the Kings could've done a lot worse in selecting Bobs replacement. Maybe Faust is genuine in his exuberance.

  5. #5
    My goal is to stop yours
    STONE's Avatar
    Karma: 1447754
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    1,256
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOMBER View Post
    He sounds and looks like an over educated pretty boy sports announcer trying too hard to say the next perfect line...Kings fans will never take to him the way they did to Bob because Bob loved the Kings as much as he did his career.

    I wanted Thorne or Strangis to take over for Bob...they came with a veteran first hand history of the game.
    Ha! He's pretty damn good. His Collegiate broadcasts sounded awesome too, which these are starting to sound like. Just curious, how does one LOOK overeducated?

  6. #6
    Muffisher
    mudfisher's Avatar
    Karma: 1636000
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,009
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)

    Default

    It is really hard to judge someone when they have to work with Hayward one game. I think Faust just gave Hayward some room.

    I think Faust is doing fine. From listening to him last night, he approached the game as a neutral play by play compared to a teams play by play. Which for a national broadcast you want that from a play-by-play caller. Faust does appear to do some significant research for his game preps as the stuff he inserts do add value to the calls.

    Also, Hayward was "ok" yesterday. He was way more complementary of the Kings and their players then in the past.

  7. #7
    They're a finesse team.
    DRGinLBC's Avatar
    Karma: 2147483647
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,045
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    442 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudfisher View Post
    Also, Hayward was "ok" yesterday. He was way more complementary of the Kings and their players then in the past.
    I noticed that too.

  8. #8
    2nd Scoring Line
    Ryan120420's Avatar
    Karma: 1192700
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    He's doing fine and over time will only get better.


    I'm happy the Kings found a suitable replacement for Bob, unlike David Courtney.

  9. #9
    2nd Scoring Line
    soyokaze's Avatar
    Karma: 1370000
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    737
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    236 Post(s)

    Default My opinion on Faust.

    Hayward wasn't bad last night. By the way it seemed in the GDT it sounded like Hayward was being a total Homer. He was quick in his praise of Kings players throughout the broadcast.

  10. #10
    2nd Scoring Line
    Ryan120420's Avatar
    Karma: 1192700
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    554
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soyokaze View Post
    Hayward wasn't bad last night. By the way it seemed in the GDT it sounded like Hayward was being a total Homer. He was quick in his praise of Kings players throughout the broadcast.

    Hayward is actually pretty decent when he is on national TV. Back in 2012 Blues/Kings series he was the color commentator for NBC and actually did a good job.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •