Images
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1602 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Anyone notice the awkward moment late in the 3rd tonight when Foxy was talking about timeouts? Faust was very quick to say “you cannot call a timeout on an icing”, to which Foxy almost mumbled under his breath, “I was talking about the Kings possibly using their timeout.” Jim seemed noticeably bothered by Faust’s comment.
    it seemed pretty clear to me from last night's game (this is the first i've had the chance to listen to him this season) that they still haven't got their chemistry going. They each made several jokes throughout the night that, while not necessarily super funny, would have had Bob and Fox on a little roll. Instead, they just died in an awkward exchange where each attempted to keep the ball rolling. I doubt Jim was bothered, so much as just maybe frustrated that the chemistry isnt there yet.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been following the Kings for 50 years and I miss Bob Miller. But for a young guy like Alex Faust to step into the role of a revered broadcaster (see Vin Scully and Joe Davis), it seems the criticism is based on a narrow perspective. Faust will be a star for years to come and hopefully he will be with the Kings for many years. He has a smooth style, he is always on top of the play and his goal calls are spot on. If you have the NHL Center Ice package, you will find many play-by-play guys who are better (and none of them are in their first year) and a whole lot who are boring and overly biased. Don't compare Alex to Bob because we've all been Bob fans for years and are used to his voice and style. Listen to Alex and judge him on his own skills, style and knowledge. Even Joe Davis had loads of national experience before the came to the Dodgers and he many not be Vin but he is wonderful. I think that given a full season, most of us will appreciate having Alex Faust. Change is tough but be willing to wait before we reject.

They are a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    Anyone notice the awkward moment late in the 3rd tonight when Foxy was talking about timeouts? Faust was very quick to say “you cannot call a timeout on an icing”, to which Foxy almost mumbled under his breath, “I was talking about the Kings possibly using their timeout.” Jim seemed noticeably bothered by Faust’s comment.
    I caught that too.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John a90 View Post
    My God man, if Fox spoke up any more than he already does, there'd be no need for Faust at all!!!
    and your point is........................................