1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    470 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudfisher View Post
    When Carter comes back Shore/Dowd will be Skyboxing.

I think when Gabo comes back I would try to trade him as it would be the last opportunity. I'd trade Gabo for picks, multiple 2nd rounders, and not a roster filling player.

The way the team is playing right now its hard to slot Carter back into a spot. The only player(s) who would lose there spot would be Shore or Amadio at the moment.
    yeah id wait to trade Gabo..he might really contribute in this system..plus the thought of 3 scoring lines (when carter comes back) makes me salivate!!

Necromancer
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    625 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CUP4LA View Post
    Why do you think the Kings will cool down?
    I'm not trying to start a flame war, but do you think they'll continue at an 11-3-2 pace? I don't think they've ever cracked a 50 game winning season. Right now they're on pace for 60+. (Has any team won more than 60 ever?)

I'd love nothing more than a triple-decker, crow sandwich with some garlic-crap aioli and humble pie for desert, but highly unlikely they continue at that pace. Unfortunately, the "cool down" may be considerable.

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    314 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudfisher View Post
    Have faith...The league is full of GMs who need to do something to win or risk losing their job.
    Not even on the Playstation with trade difficulty set to easy.

Muffisher
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anjae11eden View Post
    Not even on the Playstation with trade difficulty set to easy.
    Does Playstation have a Milbury Modifier for trades?

Over the rail!
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    You can't get rid of Gaborik. That's the whole problem. Can't trade him and can't buy him out. This wouldn't be an issue if the Kings weren't saddled with untradeable contracts in Brown and Gaborik.
    I wouldn’t even get rid of Gaborik. The kings are finally playing a system he can really thrive in. Should be a blast when carts and gabbo both return.

Your attention please...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

A few of things...

1. I said something to the effect of "Trade him by the 2018 draft" and "I'm against doing it right away", but it seems the only thing some of you read was "trade Carter" and freaked out.

2. To those who say "If it ain't broke..." Carter isn't playing. Gabbo isn't playing. The Kings are winning. If it ain't broke...we don't need them, right?

3. It is possible these guys coming in could either bolster the team, or screw up the chemistry of the current lines. Keep that in mind.

4. If there EVER was a all or nothing season, the way the Kings are playing so far...this is the one. Why? I fully believe the team will not only make the playoffs, but if every one is healthy, the team will do some REAL damage. Even challenge for the Cup. When they do, it would be prime time to trade who you can (with really good seasons there MIGHT be takers for Brown and Gabby), because you WILL NOT get another chance. Carter's value will not continue to climb. So while he still has some really good value, and BEFORE he gets into the Brown-Gabby contract category...trade him at the draft. Get pics/prospects/young talent from a team on the cusp. Get some value and cut some salary.

5. Muzzin or Martinez - one will be gone either at the draft or in the off season. The team needs to get younger and trade from a point of strength. One of these guys will get the Kings a great return and much needed cap relief.

Keeping this entire team all together for the 2018-2019 season is suicide, and I bet Blake knows that. I'm all in for letting this team do it's thing this year because the new system has re-energized them and they are having fun out there. Next season age will be a bigger problem, the adrenaline rush of having a brand-new system will be gone, and teams will start to figure out how to counter.

So this season keep 'em all, balls to the wall, let's see how far they can go, and enjoy the ride! Come draft time...major pieces need to move for the team to be successful moving forward. If anyone wants Gabby and /or Brown...even for nothing...send them out. If both go, I could see keeping Carter. If only one goes, it's a tougher decision.

Then you look at how the tenders in the pipeline are doing and keep an eye on Quick's trade value before HE becomes untradeable. I think there are still a couple/few seasons to work with...but there will come a time when it's too late to move him. And I don't want the Kings to be in that position. I hope he proves me wrong and pulls a Hasek, but I ain't betting on it.

All Star
    Images
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    541 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King View Post
    I'm not trying to start a flame war, but do you think they'll continue at an 11-3-2 pace? I don't think they've ever cracked a 50 game winning season. Right now they're on pace for 60+. (Has any team won more than 60 ever?)

I'd love nothing more than a triple-decker, crow sandwich with some garlic-crap aioli and humble pie for desert, but highly unlikely they continue at that pace. Unfortunately, the "cool down" may be considerable.

Well yes, a team has actually won 60 in a season. But I didn't mean to insinuate that they would stay on this pace. I'm just not so sure that they will come crashing down to Earth to be the team we expected to see this season.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3061 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    Part of it is just people being in love with players, logic be damned. Part of it is that this team is clicking right now and people are thinking that adding a player of Carter's caliber around the deadline will make the Kings a real threat in the playoffs, and not just for one round. If things continue as they are, or anywhere close, the Kings could be a serious Cup contender. You don't get many chances to pick one up so you don't trade one of your best players if you have a real shot at it. If the Kings are in the thick of it when he returns, I would be against trading him.
    You can't buy out a guy on IR, they can be traded though

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3521 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King View Post

Most Wins: 62, by the 1995–96 Detroit Red Wings.