Thread: ***Vancouver Canucks vs. LA Kings GDT 11/14/17 7:30pm***

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    891 Post(s)

That was a frustrating game. To blow a 2-0 lead against Vancouver, yuck! Those guys are mediocre. But they wanted it more last night.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3203 Post(s)

Went straight to bed when I got home so here are my two cents from last night.

- Kings started off strong and I think the Canucks (like most teams) were surprised and caught off guard at our breakouts and quick passes.

- After the 2-0 lead, the Kings either felt sorry for the Nucks or just sat back. Because the Canucks didn't get their 1st shot on goal until almost the 10 minute mark of the 1st.

- There were also SO many whistles. The pace of the game just sucked overall.

- You can tell the Canucks had figured out the Kings after the 1st period. Just like how Tampa Bay and San Jose knew that the Kings only want to break out a specific way. All they need to do is clog the neutral zone and the Kings look pathetic on their rushes.

- Seeing the Kings not know how to pass is frustrating. Someone would pass it too hard and another would flub it. It was like that pretty much all night long.

- A lot of the Kings lost a step last night after the first 5 minutes. If the pass would bounce off their stick, they just kind of had a mindset of.. "**** this, I'm not chasing after it", and allow Vancouver to easily regain possession of the puck. Overall, they just didn't seem like they care. Body language speaks volume and the Kings body language sucked last night.

That's all there is to say. At this rate I'm just beating the horse over and over. The Kings better get back to basics. I know we're still 11-5-2 but in the back of my mind I keep thinking, "Crap, this is the real Kings we all expected isn't it?"
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    740 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I know we're still 11-5-2 but in the back of my mind I keep thinking, "Crap, this is the real Kings we all expected isn't it?"

Die Hard
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Congratulations to the assload of poll respondents who correctly guessed Kopitar would get on the board in the first period to keep his streak alive:

Rawley19
    KHenry14
    Hockey53
    Krussadams
    VegasHockey
    Hipcheck
    PuckMaster
    forum gold
    ChilledAgua
    Myk13
    Helvetica
    Ice24
    FishMonger
    JETS GARAGE
    chaingunsofdoom
    Joe Laviguer
    cokingsfan
    Kings Provisional
    SirJW
    RoS
    vindogla
    AngelEyes
    makemelaugh
    eddieshack23
    empire
    FAN4LIFE
    Stormy2213
    CIrvine
    Liz4LA
    dannybuoy1
    rozzy

First period was great, shoulda turned it off then. This is a frisky Vancouver team and this division is going to take a willpower to be dominant in. Not sure how much of this is "slump" is other teams adjustments, kings adjustments, minutes, doldrums or whathaveyou but clearly its time for Stevens to start earning his pay. It wasn't always going to be Unicorn farts and rainbows. Injuries are injuries but this is clearly team time to decide who they really are.
    Love being a part of the assload!

Leaners FTL.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)

did anyone take video of the Canada skit they played on the jumbotron at the end of the 2nd period?
    the one where they show Canadians talking about bears, maple syrup and whales?

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cup4TheKings View Post
    did anyone take video of the Canada skit they played on the jumbotron at the end of the 2nd period?
    the one where they show Canadians talking about bears, maple syrup and whales?
    Doubt it. I don't think anyone knew they were going to play such a video.

I'm surprised they didn't do the Henrik Sedin gif. (The one where he looked like he was crying to the ref because he was trying to show blood on his lower lip for a double minor.)
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    264 Post(s)

Bad game, but it's one of 82. They better be back on their game against the Bruins because you know they want revenge for that .04 seconds remaining goal we scored against them.

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't do the Henrik Sedin gif. (The one where he looked like he was crying to the ref because he was trying to show blood on his lower lip for a double minor.)
    I can never see enough of the hilarious video from the '13 playoffs when D. Brown literally crushed Henrik (or was it Dennis?) into the boards and then Sedin was shown crawling on all fours toward the bench and pawing on the door like a cat scratching to get back in.