Thread: Cammi traded for Jussi Jokinen.

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1622 Post(s)

This trade is absolutely ****ing hilarious to me.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3196 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hrudey92 View Post
    With less than a minute left in the loss to the Sharks, camera cut to the bench and Camm was seen laughing next to Dowd. Struck me as odd, as everyone else looked pissed. Maybe Blake saw something too.
    I saw that too but I didn't think much of it. I mean, it was a close game and all. Hell, Doughty laughs all the time when he's out on the ice, winning or losing. There was one whistle during an icing in the 3rd where Doughty almost collided with an official and he was laughing as ass off.

I wonder what Jussi's contract status is. If it's a straight up trade this is just plain weird on Blake's part.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1622 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
    I wonder what Jussi's contract status is. If it's a straight up trade this is just plain weird on Blake's part.
    Its $100K more than Cammy, and it expires this Summer.

He was going to be a healthy scratch tonight, so its not like he enamored himself to the Coach with his hard work and play.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3196 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Its $100K more than Cammy, and it expires this Summer.

He was going to be a healthy scratch tonight, so its not like he enamored himself to the Coach with his hard work and play.
    Yeah true. It's just a head scratcher for me on paper. If Jussi finds success here then great. But if he can barely get 1 assist in 14 games with McJesus over there.. what the hell makes Blake think he's going to do something here?
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    232 Post(s)

I think they just figured with Gaborik coming back, that he and Cammalleri were redundant players. Chiarelli probably initiated this.

But if Gaborik comes back less than 100%, then this is dumb.

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3061 Post(s)

Am I wrong or doesn't jussi have a tad of pest in him? Team could use a bit of it

Classic player
    Images
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3521 Post(s)

I didn't get the Cammy reprise in the first place. Trading him for another expiring contract of similar value is just rolling the dice on a guy who is a year younger and may be a better bottom 6 fit.

But then again Jokinen was bought out by Florida earlier and McClellan has healthy scratched him recently so who the f*** knows?

But I do remember Jokinen's days at Carolina when he was an excellent player.

Time wounds all heels.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    This trade is absolutely ****ing hilarious to me.
    Why? I had a whole lot of "meh" when they signed Cammi. I feel the same about this. I will say that seeing Cammi on the first PP unit was driving me crazy. So if for no other reason than he won't be there doing a whole lotta nothin', I'm down with this trade. Put Kempe out there in his place on the PP and make me happy JS. Please.
    Last edited by Stormy2213; November 14th, 2017 at 06:44 PM.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4187 Post(s)

Pardon me while I dance.

You know what is sweeter than kicking Cammalleri to the curb? Doing it TWICE. He's my all time least favorite King, and by a healthy margin.

And good on Blake, he gave him a go for old time sake, it didn't work out, and he cut bait without dilly dallying.

Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Cammy had a worse defensive posture than JMFJ...and that's saying something...