Would you Believe...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock View Post
    He's the Reign mascot now. Oh yeah, Ontario is skid row.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I'm really saddened by all of the negative, critical and horrible statements some of the people on this thread are making........NONE of you were in the elevator and yet you all just assume that Bailey is guilty. Like him or not, Bailey has been an integral part of the LA Kings, has helped to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity and has put smiles on the faces and in the hearts of thousands of children. There have been many, many games where you could hear a pin drop inside of Staples and Bailey's brought life back into the stands! If you don't like his ear shattering drum...complain to the King's offices instead of suggesting that someone's life be ruined because of it!! And, while you're dishing out your sarcasm and hatred think for one minute about the size of the paws of the costume and lots of people crammed into a small Staples Center elevator.....when someone has bumped into you by accident on the street, in the hallway, etc. have you gone out and accused the person of committing an actual assault on you???!!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

Nothing to get worked up about a balding, middle aged man in a furry suit capering.

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1150 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGrandma View Post
    Bailey has been an integral part of the LA Kings, has helped to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity and has put smiles on the faces and in the hearts of thousands of children.
    I agree, and support this aspect of the role.

There have been many, many games where you could hear a pin drop inside of Staples and Bailey's brought life back into the stands!
    I don't need a mascot to pump me up when the product on the ice is playing like crap. And I sure as hell don't need a mascot standing up, pounding on the glass during game play obstructing my view.

If you don't like his ear shattering drum...complain to the King's offices instead of suggesting that someone's life be ruined because of it!!
    This has been done, multiple times with the season ticket survey. As well as at Guest Services.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotherCastle View Post
    If you read the original article, there was proof. There was another worker in the elevator who also mentioned that Bailey is the HR's husband.
    But that's not proof. They don't even say the other worker in the elevator backs up his story. There's not full context.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post
    But that's not proof. They don't even say the other worker in the elevator backs up his story. There's not full context.
    Again, this mentality is the reason why people don't come forward. This isn't a forensics case, where you can look for clues and proof. Most harassment charges are he said she said. Again, I haven't come forward in the past, because, I'll tell the truth and the perpetrator can just say it's all a lie and then what can I say after that? After that it's awkward, people look at you differently and there was that burden of further injustice on your shoulders. Is what it is.

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    754 Post(s)

One drunk mall Santa doesn't ruin image for all Santas. Fill in the costume with different human and fire HR lady and watch their relationship crumble for being so shady people! Thats it move on.
    All Santas? :-(

All Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    754 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChilledAgua View Post
    The Kings may have to retrieve Kingston from Skid Row.
    Rebuildy the Bear.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)

Again, this mentality is the reason why people don't come forward. This isn't a forensics case, where you can look for clues and proof. Most harassment charges are he said she said. Again, I haven't come forward in the past, because, I'll tell the truth and the perpetrator can just say it's all a lie and then what can I say after that? After that it's awkward, people look at you differently and there was that burden of further injustice on your shoulders. Is what it is.
    No, that's not what I'm saying at all. He should definitely come forward if it happened. And yes, it's not fair that it's difficult to convince people of such accusations. But, you pointed out "proof". I'd have never responded to your comment otherwise. The fact this was supposedly investigated by the organization and found to be "completely without merit" makes me think that the eyewitness proof you are pointing to might not actually back up the accusation. And if it does back up his story, he'll easily win his lawsuit and lots of people should lose their jobs.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

First, there may be proof but there isn't any in that document. There is an explanation of the allegation, nothing more.

I know you have personal experience where you reported something and were not believed. I am sorry but that doesn't change the fact that (outside of Title IX stuff on college campuses) there is still due process where one persons word is not generally sufficient to convict someone of criminal behavior.

I have personal experience on the other side. Someone close was falsely accused of something along these lines. Fortunately we had proof (actual proof) and my friend was cleared of the accusation. Despite that, there were zealots who continued to publicly act as if the accusation was true and there was no repercussions for the person who intentionally lied.

If what you are saying is you insist we believe everyone who accuses someone else of sexual misconduct of any kind simply because they make the accusation then I will have to take the contrary position.