Thread: Paging Dave Tippet, Please Pick Up White Courtesy Phone

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    277 Post(s)

Yeah the "jokes" about ongoing sexual assault cases aren't funny. Neither is your schtick, it wore out about around the same time as Andy Murray's tenure in LA.
    Last edited by Vladimir27; November 29th, 2017 at 09:58 AM.

My goal is to stop yours
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

That was funny, but 8 games don't make a season, and the system being implemented is different. You can see they went back to stretch passing in the slump, and perimeter play. Once they adopt for the more agile torpedo offense, which they were doing and went back to lat night, things change, plain and simple.

You bring up Iafallo and Kempe:

Iafallo has a wicked game, he can dangle (does anyone remember him in his first 3 on 3?) and has vision, which is hard to come by in a young player. You fail to attribute the Kopi and Brown resurgence too anything related to Iafallo, and that's where your argument falls short. His 7 of 8 points relate to most goals scored by Kopi and Brown. He's great on the boards and in open ice. His scoring will come, but with the rate that Kopi and Brown are jumping, who cares? There's no rush. I look forward to see how effective the kid is in a 7 game series.

Kempe is a rookie, and you judge him based on a 10 game slump? After the offensive prowess he's displayed? I also look forward to seeing him in a 7 game series. All good things.

Throw in Carter coming back, with Lewis having a GREAT start and you've got 3 lines of offensive threats. Not the same system as last year, and younger, faster players are getting a shot. You're wrong as this is a different team.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

What this thread needs is what every Kings team needs...

Nipple biter
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    103 Post(s)

Paging Mr. Barry.... Mr. Blue Barry.
    This team doesn't suck. A little inconsistent, ya, what with a handful of rookies. I, too, thought that they wouldn't do very well, and have admitted being wrong. Prolly time you did the same.
    These Kings did however SUCK the life out of Motown AND DC, that's the only suckin I witnessed.

2 Late to Change My Name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    291 Post(s)

I gotta admit, it was a good initial post by Mr. Attention Whore here. Good for him as it was perfectly timed to get him the most attention. Good for us that have a clue as it reaffirms what we know: he doesn't have one.

Yeah, I'm sure the Kings are going to fire Blake and Stevens now, given that they're 1 point away from the best record in the NHL.

Better stick to your day job.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
    In the last 8 games, the Kings have gone 1-6-1 and they look lifeless.

Rob "The Fraud" Blake took a chance on Mr. Boring as coach and the enthusiasm out of the gate has disappeared faster than Kevin Spacey's career.

Don't blame this on the Carter injury.

They brought in Pierre Turgeon who has done... well... nothing. The power play still stinks and the offense does as well.

"The Fraud" was banking on Mike Cammalleri to play with Kopi and Brown and as much as we love Iafallo, he has ONE GOAL playing top line minutes. Cammalleri was about as welcome as a dinner with Jeremy Piven.

Kempe looks like a human concussion out there playing center and HIS playmaking skills are about as useful as a Harvey Weinstein "green light" (that's two... wait for it)

"The Fraud" has brought in Credenza (sp?), Auger, Laich, Armadillo and some broad Zinski. COMBINED they have 2 goals and 1 assist.

Yeah, THIS is your playoff Kings.

They're sinking quicker than Brett Ratner's bank account (3 for 3).

"The Fraud" is bringing his old buddies back (see: Mitchell) so why not Tippet, whom "The Fraud" loved when he was assistant coach ages ago. Luc loves Tip, too.

I know, the sky is falling and if the Oilers haven't fired THEIR coach yet...

The Kings were in a playoff spot just 2 years ago Thanksgiving... 13-8-1 to be exact... and missed them.

More of the same this year I'm afraid... and "The Fraud" can't afford to miss the playoffs. Not with Doughty a pending Free Agent following next season.
    Dude, what happened to you? You were a Kings Fan! You were Dancing Boy! Since those days the Kings have suffered the usual ups and downs that had characterized them for their whole existence. Then, miracle of miracles, they won the Stanley Cup! And then they won it again!
    You have always been a bit attention seeking, again, you were Dancing Boy. But these posts are more Neal than Dancing Boy. Were the Kings mean to you during your blog days?