Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions for Road Trip to San Jose?

CalgaryKing
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1022 Post(s)

As others have mentioned SF is great. My SJ story is from a few years ago.

The last time I was there was for "Game 7" in 2014. Nothing will replicate that comeback ever again. I went solo and stayed at a hotel probably 15 miles away because the surrounding ones were all booked for a tech conference and the rates had skyrocketed as well.

As a non-American and a Kings fan, I do agree 100% about the fan interactions. How do you chirp someone wearing their Kings jersey walking to their car when you just got reverse swept? Only their fans know how. It was the only place where I felt unsafe to wear Kings stuff, besides New Jersey in 2012.

The arena is... not great. I had been a few times previously and I found that the views you have are always... too far away. The general arena up-keep was lacking (crappy seat material probably from when it opened). The in-game features like blimps were annoying and the fan hockey knowledge generally way below par.

As mentioned, there was a lot of stuff around the arena area outside, but I did not go into any of them.

The last parting gift bestowed upon me by SJ in 2014 (which I will always remember not-fondly) was a debilitating whooping cough/pertussis (they had an outbreak) which as a full-grown healthy adult had knocked me out for the entire Anaheim and Chicago series, only making it back down to LA for the Final with an awkward cough that lasted 3 months.

They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    443 Post(s)

Reason enough to stay home...

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1625 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Tran View Post
    My advice would be to stay in San Francisco for a few days & drive to the game. There's nothing at all interesting about San Jose. And yes, the Sharks fans can be class A douchebags. But that would make a Kings win that much sweeter.
    Winchester Mystery House or a game at Levis Stadium would be it. Our Road Trip up there for the Games #1 & #2 in 2013 allowed us to attend a Giants game (Fantastic Stadium) and an A's Game (Never again). When we went for Superbowl 50, we also grabbed a Golden State game.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)

I hated going up there for my kids club hockey tournaments because the parents were so obnoxious, then they grow up to be Sharks fans

it's camping season!!
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

I lived in the bay area for awhile after I finished school. Just to reiterate what everyone above has commented on, it really is the people that ruined it for me. Once they find out you're from LA they have to make it a point to go out of their way to let you know how much they hate LA. They have such an inferiority complex, they're seriously obsessed with LA.