1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2290 Post(s)

Default ***LA Kings @ St. Louis Blues GDT 12/01/17 5:00pm FSW***

Official Game Day Thread
    Game #27/82 --- 12-01-17

Los Angeles Kings @ St. Louis Blues

Scottrade Center | St. Louis, MO

The Blues will wear bedazzled Hockey Fights Cancer warmup jerseys tonight to honor their friend, Ari, who recently passed away - Article Here

Previous Meeting:

10/30/17 -- Kings 2, Blues 4

GAME TIME **5:00PM**

TV: **Fox Sports West at 5:00pm**

Radio: 790 KABC or NHL app

Listen to LA Kings Road Talk Radio - The Kings Step Into St. Louis Looking for a Fight and Two More Points - after the game here

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Jokinen, Kempe & MacDermid Nov 30th Post Game Quotes

Read more quotes and articles at Jon Rosen's Blog here

Jussi Jokinen, on whether he saw a big effort by the third and fourth lines:
    Yeah I think so. You know, I think every team in the league is looking for that second period scoring and obviously Brods (Brodzinski) and myself were able to get that second and third goal, big goals to this hockey game. Overall I think it was a really good play of hockey for our team. They’re a dangerous offensive team so they’re going to get some chances and obviously we needed Quickie to be Quickie there a few times. And you know he was great again.
    Jokinen, on how the back-to-back goals affected the team’s morale:
    Yeah, I think it kind of changed the whole hockey game, being down 2-1 and then in 10 second span, nine seconds, whatever, being up 3-2. So obviously it gave a big lift to our hockey team and didn’t have to chase the game anymore and they had to chase the game. So that was a big difference in the game tonight.

Jokinen, on capitalizing on any breakdowns by the Capitals:

Yeah I think it happens so fast, I don’t think you think like that. But you know, every time their goalie makes some mistakes you’re going to try and get some shots to him as quick as possible. He probably doesn’t get his confidence back right away so you try to get shots quick.
    Jokinen, on how it felt scoring his first goal of the season:

It feels good. Just actually told the TV already, it’s my daughter’s birthday today so she hasn’t seen her dad score a goal in a long time so it’s fun to get one on her birthday. It feels good. [Reporter: What’s her name?] Sandra. [Reporter: How old is she now?] Six years today.
    Jokinen, on if having played so much in the East helped familiarize him with Washington’s style of play:

I think if you watch my stats against this team, this rink has been good for me. Pretty much all my career I’ve scored lots of goals in this rink so I was actually thinking about that before tonight’s game. So some teams you just end up getting more points than others for some reason. And I think I’ve been around a long time playing east and west. Pretty much everybody knows me, and I know every team. But it’s funny, sometimes you end up getting more points against special teams and this team I’ve been able to get lots of goals, lots of points against my whole career.

Adrian Kempe, on whether this was the type of game that highlighted his skills:

I mean I think these both, two last games, we’ve played well. The line has been playing really well and the team as well so that’s really good. It was a fast game out there today. It was a lot of back and forth and two very good offensive teams. I mean you get a lot of chances and I think it hurt a lot today. I probably should’ve scored one, but Gabby got two so that was good. And I’m glad we came out with a win. It was big for the team

Kempe, on whether he’s got chemistry going with Gaborik right now:
    Yeah I mean he’s a good player. I like to play with fast players. And he creates a lot with his speed. I know usually where he is and Lewie is doing a hell of a job too for both of us. I mean it’s fun to play with both of them.
    Kempe, on what he liked from the third period:

I think all lines played very well in the D-zone. We knew they were going to try to push for it and we executed. We did well in the D-zone and then we got some chances in the O-zone as well as we did in the second period when we scored two goals there quick. So that was good. Yeah, great third period. Quick was great in the back of the net. We needed some big saves from him and he showed that to us, so that was very good.

Kurtis MacDermid, on what stuck out to him about the team game:

I think everyone just did the job and they weren’t trying to do to much. You know when everyones doing their job, and playing hard, and digging deep it’s a great team win.
    MacDermid, on what he read on the play that led to Jonny Brodzinski’s goal:

Yeah, puck just came out there and I saw a lane and I heard him say “to the net.” So I just tried to get it to the net and you know, it went off him and into the net. So it was a big goal.
    MacDermid, on whether that was the shortest time between assists that he can remember:

Those were definitely the fastest two. So yeah, I just saw Lewie come through the middle there and give it to him and he made a great play to Jussi and Jussi made an unreal move and scored, so that’s another big goal.
    MacDermid, on what they did to keep the Capitals off the scoreboard in the third:

We knew they were going to come hard and Quickie was outstanding again, like he always is. And guys dug deep and blocked shots and did everything we could to come up with the win.

Subject To Change

courtesy of www2.dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS

Kings Injuries:

Jeff Carter (IR)
    Kyle Clifford(IR)
    Andy Adreoff (IR)

Blues Probable Lineup
    (courtesy of www2.dailyfaceoff.com)

FORWARDS

Former King:

Brayden Schenn

GOALIE COMPARISONS

PLAYER STATS

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Today's Poll Question:

At what time will the first GOAL AGAINST the Kings be scored? (+/- 2:00 of the exact time will be a winner)

Take your best guess in your post below.

The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Poll Winners:

Congratulations to the following posters who all correctly guessed that the USA born players would combine for 4 total points: Hockey53, Zombitar, hokeicat, CUP4LA, forum gold, Rawley19, eddieshack23, 05/29/93, empire, Shackleford, Liz4LA, vindogla, makemelaugh, RoS

King of the Mountain

Helvetica with 10 wins!!!

9 Wins:

Shackleford

8 wins

forum gold
    Liz4LA

7 wins
    CUP4LA
    Sevenhole

6 wins
    Hockey53
    LeftyKing
    VegasHockey

5 Wins:
    CIrvine
    hokiecat
    Joe Laviguer

****NOT UPDATED***
    4 Wins:
    05/29/93
    beady eye
    srm1105

(I know there are more people with 3+ wins. I’ll update soon)

And, if you like the polls, you might also enjoy betting your hard earned karma in geogirl's KARMA BETTING THREAD here

Any suggestions, pics, poll questions, etc. - email me at lgknyssa42@gmail.com

Photos courtesy of Rinkrat, Getty Images, and NHL.com.

All Star
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)

6:00 of the 1st.

Keeper of Dewy's teeth
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    895 Post(s)

11:00 1st

4th Line Grinder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

13:01 in the 1st period. Kings win 5-3!

For King, Ace Whole
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    324 Post(s)

4:00 minutes into the second period, that is, with 16:00 minutes remaining.

Thanks for the GDT's, they are really good all of the time, look forward to them.

the skating dead
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

oh man, i don't wanna wanna jinx them so i'll just say 1 sec into the game.... even tho i don't mean it

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

12:30 of the 1st

\_(ツ)_/
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    735 Post(s)

Muchas thank yous to Miss a and jammer for all they do to bring us the best damn GDTs in the league!

Boy. The Blues. I'ma go with 2:30 into the 1st (17:30). GKG!
    "Holtby made the pad with his left save." -Daryl Evans, November 30, 2017.

Driver, Assload Wagon
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    448 Post(s)

Thanks Nyssa and Scribes for the quick turnaround on the B2B!

I'll go with 5:00 in the First...

GKG

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

7 min in 1st period