Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last time we had 2 explosive rookies?

Luc says: how you doin'?
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    735 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    Kempe is showing a lot of compete, and his fight for loose pucks is surprisingly good. He may not bang much but he's plenty crafty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    I know quite a few young ladies who would be happy to help him with that problem

The Dolphin is Not Amused
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1684 Post(s)

Since Nyssa IS a jinx, I think she just jinxed Kempe's sex life.

All Star
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    300 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssa42 View Post
    I know quite a few young ladies who would be happy to help him with that problem
    So @Nyssa42, just for clarity, do you consider yourself "young?" <wink>

jammer's overlord
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2290 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RagBone View Post
    So @Nyssa42, just for clarity, do you consider yourself "young?" <wink>
    not quite THAT young! (although, my mom always used to say, "the rest of my body is 78, but my eyes are still 28")

GO KINGS GO!!!

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    239 Post(s)

Would love to see Brodzinski really take another step in the next few weeks to solidify a spot on the roster. Sending him down is the obvious move when Clifford and Andreoff both return, but it would be great if he just refused to be taken out.

On a tangent, who would have guessed the Kings would have 2 rookie defensemen, plus a third with only 100-ish games of NHL experience, playing really well... and they wouldn't be Gravel or LaDue?

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    780 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    King and Nolan? You gotta be kidding! No one dropped their jaws with those two lumps. There was optimism, yes... that they could fill the lower lines with quality minutes. But no one saw the kind of potential that we see in Iafallo and Kempe. It's early yet, but I like what I'm seeing here.
    King and Nolan were perfect for "Kings hockey." And their addition was part of the jumpstart that lead to two Cups. If that wasn't exciting enough for you to be optimistic for a few seasons....

Look, I get it. You like lights. You like loud horns. But there's more to hockey.

I also notice that you ignored the second part of my post about Pearson and Toffoli, who are "light and horns" type players that seem to have been forgotten by the original poster.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    306 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    King and Nolan were perfect for "Kings hockey." And their addition was part of the jumpstart that lead to two Cups. If that wasn't exciting enough for you to be optimistic for a few seasons....

Look, I get it. You like lights. You like loud horns. But there's more to hockey.

I also notice that you ignored the second part of my post about Pearson and Toffoli, who are "light and horns" type players that seem to have been forgotten by the original poster.
    Um... the title of this thread is "Last time we had 2 explosive rookies?" Pearson and Toffoli fit the mold so I said nothing. But King and Nolan are lightyears away from the title. Sure, we were hoping they would be Kings-style-hockey, but no one was kidding themselves that they were 1st or 2nd line explosions. We were happy that they appeared to be checking-line, low salaried additions that fit our puzzle pieces.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post

Um... the title of this thread is "Last time we had 2 explosive rookies?" Pearson and Toffoli fit the mold so I said nothing. But King and Nolan are lightyears away from the title. Sure, we were hoping they would be Kings-style-hockey, but no one was kidding themselves that they were 1st or 2nd line explosions. We were happy that they appeared to be checking-line, low salaried additions that fit our puzzle pieces.
    Good call. Pearson and Toffoli were promising at the time, but took a lot longer to prove themselves as Sutter would never give them enough rope. One could argue Martin Jones could be thrown into this category too.

As for King and Nolan--lets be real here. Things never said about these players: "exciting or explosive" talents, not for one second.
    Last edited by MiketheKing; December 4th, 2017 at 02:33 AM.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    780 Post(s)

Lights and horns....

Those players might have bored you, but they were HUGE, KEY additions to the roster. And I threw them in there because they were the first recent pair if impactful rookies that the original poster seemed to have forgotten about.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Agree with this perspective. The problem with the premise of this thread is the Kings don't CURRENTLY have two explosive rookies. I love what Iafallo has shown so far, but he has ONE goal playing top line minutes.

He's doing things that don't show up on the score sheet. And he's making that line very effective.

But he's not explosive.