3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Default Possible trades?

Watching "Hockey Night in Canada" between period show, two players where named as potential trade prospects and I'm wondering what other King fans would think of acquiring either EVANDER KANE from Buffalo or former King, WAYNE SIMMONS from Philly......What would it take for Rob Blake to get either of these two? How about Shore, a defenseman, Muzzin maybe and a draft pick, maybe even as high as a first round pick?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)

Muzzin has been awesome so far this year. Watch his block shots and sticks in the lane on important shots. He's prevented a lot of goals this year. EK is a head case and scoring isn't our problem this year. Actually team is fine, don't try to fix something that isn't broken. Simmonds would be nice to keep Doughty in LA, they are close friends

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    155 Post(s)

would so welcome Wayne Simmonds back!

The talking heads have been doing a lot of talking about guys who are UFA more than a year out lately. Why?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

Simmonds would be great to have back, but I would guess Philly needs goaltending help more than D with Elliot on his way out. Do you think fili would go with Keumper and a prospect for Simmons? I don't think the Kings would make that trade because he is doing so well in the backup role but if we really needed help scoring we could have to seriously consider that trade if Philly would

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

No team needs Shore, unless they are racing to the bottom for picks.

Part IV. A new begining..
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    466 Post(s)

Wayne Simmonds YES

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    780 Post(s)

To answer the questions:

- Kane isn't a player that I gather would be a good idea in the locker room considering the guys in there now. There's not enough leadership in there to withstand his personality.

- Simmonds, to me, is kinda the same thing, though I have more faith that he's matured in the past several years and could fit in the room. I thought rumor was that he was a bad influence on Doughty. I like him as a player, though.

- Either way, it'd cost more than it would be wise to give up, especially at this point. And I haven't looked at the money aspect of it. The front office would be nuts to start giving away prime assets at this point. We've seen two Kings teams so far this season and both of them are the "real" Kings. The team is gonna go as far as the rookies take the team, and rookies, especially the mid-range ones, are generally inconsistent.

Keep an eye on things, accept a move if it's a good hockey deal. But don't swing for the fences until after the All-Star break. And only then if the team has shown it can establish a decent level of play for a while.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Simmonds would be an amazing get. Flyers have been reluctant to trade him. Maybe this is the year. He will be expensive though.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darby View Post
    - Simmonds, to me, is kinda the same thing, though I have more faith that he's matured in the past several years and could fit in the room. I thought rumor was that he was a bad influence on Doughty. I like him as a player, though
    Hmm, I never heard anything like that. But I look at it like this:

Simmonds moved to LA with nothing and slept in Dean Lombardi's car outside TSC trying to make the team.
    Doughty just wants to make sure the whole world knows how much money he "deserves."

Which one is the bad influence?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goon Squad View Post
    Hmm, I never heard anything like that. But I look at it like this:

Simmonds moved to LA with nothing and slept in Dean Lombardi's car outside TSC trying to make the team.
    Doughty just wants to make sure the whole world knows how much money he "deserves."

Which one is the bad influence?
    DL mentioned having issues with Simmonds and the fact that he was a bad influence on #8. I don't ever recall hearing the details of the issues, but for sure DL mentioned this at one point. I guess one of the reasons why he was willing to trade Simmonds in the Richards deal.