1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)

Default Possible trades?

I have always preferred the 'tough guy' role to be filled by a forward, or two of them, if possible. Even Fox noted the other night when MacDermid fought Stewart that, generally speaking, forwards are easier to shift around during a 5 minute major for fighting than it is to realign the D-pairings, and I've thought this very same thing for ages. Not relevant to the thread, other than a comment in relation to the previous post. Carry on..

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Default Possible trades?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
    There is absolutely no way Phi trades Simmonds. He is a HUGE fan favorite there. They would riot.
    I feel like they are reluctant to pull the trigger every year but they just might do it this season, it won’t be cheap. Some team will probably overpay.

I still think we need another top 6 forward, in addition to carter, as the offense sometimes feels like it can go missing. Kopitar and Brown are leaned on heavily. A veteran depth defenseman would be a good idea too.
    Last edited by KingJ; December 6th, 2017 at 10:17 PM.

what I am, you shall be
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1076 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingJ View Post
    I feel like they are reluctant to pull the trigger every year but they just might do it this season, it won’t be cheap. Some team will probably overpay.
    That would be the only way the Phi Fans would accept trading Simmonds. The overpayment would have to excessively surpass the loss of him. And i'm talking ridiculous levels. I just don't see that happening, at all.

WS is at Clarke, Hextall and Recchi levels in popularity. The base would melt the f-down if he was traded for anything less than Eichel. And that aint happening.

To be a crappy team AND trade away your most beloved player in Philly would be an absolute death sentence for Flyers management.
    Last edited by nocturn; December 7th, 2017 at 06:15 AM.

Leaners FTL.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    512 Post(s)

Why are we talking about major player trades in December?

Reptilian Ambassador
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cup4TheKings View Post
    Why are we talking about major player trades in December?
    Because we are in first place and dammit, we can do better!!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    646 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alosha27 View Post
    Because we are in first place and dammit, we can do better!!!
    Until we have the best record in the NHL, TRADE EVERYBODY!!!!

magniloquent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    132 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by symbology View Post
    DL mentioned having issues with Simmonds and the fact that he was a bad influence on #8. I don't ever recall hearing the details of the issues, but for sure DL mentioned this at one point. I guess one of the reasons why he was willing to trade Simmonds in the Richards deal.
    There's a LOT that happened (ask Jack Johnson about the fight he had with Simmonds following a loss in San Jose) - Simmonds ***allegedly*** was a bad influence on Doughty.

The Kings are going to acquire a D-man in the likes of Mitchell/Regehr... bank on it.

And how much money DOES Doughty deserve?

As much as Suter... who hasn't won a cup
    As much as PK... who hasn't won a cup
    As much as Karlsson... who hasn't won a cup
    As much as Shea Weber... who hasn't won a cup

Tell me HOW the Kings can afford Doughty, Kopitar, Carter, Brown, Quick and Gaborik?

They can't.

Blake might be FORCED to deal Doughty. We love drew... but at 13-14 million a year?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    338 Post(s)

Doughty won't get more than Captain Kopi, on the Kings at least. As for other dumb teams that want to hogtie themselves in a crazy salary, I doubt they'd spend 12.5 million McDavid money either.

I wouldn't mind a big giant eff you from the owners that collectively refuse to pay such ridiculous prices for Karlson and Doughty.
    If star defenseman want star forward $$ then all the sudden your second pairing defenseman will demand old Doughty $$$ and completely screw over the salary cap.

I'm all for getting what you think you're worth, but at the same time you have to respect the salary cap, there's a finite amount of money to stock an entire team not just two players.

Gross Impressions
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Until we have the best record in the NHL, TRADE EVERYBODY!!!!
    So we can dispense with all of this BS after tonight then.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    Doughty won't get more than Captain Kopi, on the Kings at least. As for other dumb teams that want to hogtie themselves in a crazy salary, I doubt they'd spend 12.5 million McDavid money either.

I wouldn't mind a big giant eff you from the owners that collectively refuse to pay such ridiculous prices for Karlson and Doughty.
    If star defenseman want star forward $$ then all the sudden your second pairing defenseman will demand old Doughty $$$ and completely screw over the salary cap.

I'm all for getting what you think you're worth, but at the same time you have to respect the salary cap, there's a finite amount of money to stock an entire team not just two players.
    Doughty is the best player in the history of the franchise and absolutely deserves a good $2-3 million more than Kopitar.