Thread: ***Minnesota Wild vs. LA Kings GDT 12/5/17 7:00pm on NBCSN***

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    499 Post(s)

Is it perhaps possible they are pacing themselves? You know...not to get too tired and injured during regular season? 60 min effort games are fun to watch and impressive, but...they are taxing for sure. The more the player is tired late in the game when things get hairy, the bigger the chance he gets injured due to even higher demand from the body, but lower body control due to fatigue.

I find it hard to believe that this team, the way it can play and has played for almost 30 games now (with one slump in between) wouldn't be able to play a 60 min full effort game. It seems they choose not to as part of the game plan.

RANGZ
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1363 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    That game was a grade A sleeper until the 3rd. So weird we woke from the dead, but I'll take it.
    I almost fell asleep in the 2nd. Hit the head and 20 seconds after I came back Kempe scored. Good way to end the night.

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VCRW View Post
    I think he really wants to score 40 this year. He looked a bit sheepish on TV too.
    Comment in Helene Elliott's column by Kopitar today when asked about last season, "When can we stop talking about last season?"

Have Heart
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

I feel asleep during the 2nd couldnt take it anymore. Glad they kicked up on in the 3rd.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    I almost fell asleep in the 2nd. Hit the head and 20 seconds after I came back Kempe scored. Good way to end the night.
    I love to hit the head to end the night. Good call!

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3221 Post(s)

Quick two cents from the game last night...

- Holy moly Staples was empty early on. I don't know if it was the fire and if it was a 7:30 PM start, but at puck drop there were only like 5000 people in the building and it was quieter than the library I work at. People start coming in after 7:30 and with a few minutes left in the first. There were still chunks of empty seats but that isn't any different than the norm this year. But it's good to see it fill up from 5k people to maybe 15-16k total.

- First two periods were pretty boring too. Both teams just skated in slow motion and there was really nothing going on. Heck, we had a pointless fight between MacDermid and Stewart.

- After we scored the 1st goal to tie the game, I have no idea why the hell the Kings were on their heels. It's like Minnesota just woke up and dominated the Kings with that shift and scored with ease.

- But in the 3rd, the Kings finally came to play. The goal from Kopitar to Gaborik was kinda weird. Minnesota had been defensively responsible all game long and for some reason they decided to send TWO guys after Brownie. Credit goes to Brown for making that pass to Kopitar and Suter for some weird reason played the shot along with the goalie. That led to a really easy goal for Gaborik who was wide open. Thanks Suter for the brain fart!

- Kempe goal was a nice fluke goal for us. So glad we finally get one of those.

- And that's all I got. Glad the Kings showed up to play even if only in the 3rd. Better than that pathetic homestand before Thanksgiving.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg