at Center | Los Angeles, CA

Jewish Pride Night
Kings Care Foundation Toy Drive - Bring toys to donate

Previous Meeting:

10/24/17 -- Kings 3, Senators 2 SO

GAME TIME **7:30PM**

TV: **Fox Sports West**

Radio: 790 KABC or NHL app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Anze Kopitar & Marian Gaborik Dec 5th Post Game Quotes

Read more quotes and articles at Jon Rosen's Blog here

Anze Kopitar, on reviving his chemistry with Marian Gaborik in the third period:

Yeah. I mean, I donít think the first two periods were very energetic. I think the whole building kind of felt that. But then, being down one going into the third, you kind of have to throw everything out there, and obviously scoring pretty quick in the third, that certainly helped, and then getting a little bit of a lucky bounce on Ö Adrianís goal, obviously weíll take Ďem. We were just able to lock the game down. They didnít have much in the third, and I think we did a good job.
Kopitar, on Gaborikís goal scoring ability:

You give him the puck in the areas that he needs them to score, more often than not heís going to put it in. Thatís what weíre going to need from him going forward, too.
Kopitar, on six consecutive wins:

We had a pretty good start, and right now, it certainly feels good. It was just nice. Weíre feeling confident. I think you can kind of tell that we have that swagger back. Maybe it was missing in that little slump that we were in. Itís fun now, itís exciting, and we want to keep it rolling.

Marian Gaborik, on reviving his chemistry with Kopitar:

I think getting more comfortable each game, and obviously the lines changed, but itís a long season, so itís going to be going back-and-forth, but whatever it takes to win games. Tonight, it clicked pretty well for us, and again, the third period was huge for us. Weíve got to fix some problems prior to that so we donít get down in the hole and have to dig ourselves out again. But the second period, we need to kind of work on, and overall, big game.
Gaborik, on the win:
It feels pretty good. We have two more games at home. Obviously home games have been an issue for us a little bit lately, so coming off the road, itís a huge two points, so hopefully we can get another four before we head out east.
Gaborik, on how the team summoned the third period energy:

I donít know, I mean, weíre desperate. Just tried to create more energy within our group. We tried to play more in their zone and just the desperation, like I said, the third period has been very good for us this year. We just dug in and tied it up and then kind of a fluky goal, the third goal, and just kept going from there, so it was a big effort by everyone.
Gaborik, on the milestones established in the win:

It feels definitely good. 400 goals, Iím very proud of it. Congrats to Kopi for his 500th assist. Itís kind of ironic his 500th assist assisted on my 400th goal, especially against my former team, as well. So, yeah, it feels good, for sure.
Gaborik, on whether heíll split the puck with Kopitar:

Yeah, we talked about it a little bit. Kopi said to keep it. Johnny came in and said itís going to stay with the organization. [Laughs]

Subject To Change

courtesy of www2.dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS

Kings Injuries:

Jeff Carter (IR)
Kyle Clifford(IR)
Andy Adreoff (IR)

Senators Probable Lineup
(courtesy of www2.dailyfaceoff.com)

FORWARDS

GOALIE COMPARISONS

PLAYER STATS

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Today's Poll Question:

The Senators have 3 D-men (Karlsson, Phaneuf, Wideman) in their top 10 points scorers. The Kings have 2 (Doughty & Muzzin). How many points will be scored by DEFENSEMEN from both teams in this game?

Take your best guess in your post below.

The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Poll Winners:

Congratulations to @Zombitar for being the only poster to correctly guess that there would be 4 goals scored in the 3rd period of the previous game

King of the Mountain

Helvetica with 10 wins!!!

9 Wins:

Shackleford

8 wins

forum gold
Liz4LA

7 wins
CUP4LA
Sevenhole

6 wins
Hockey53
LeftyKing
VegasHockey

5 Wins:
CIrvine
DRGinLBC
hokiecat
Joe Laviguer
srm1105

****NOT UPDATED***
4 Wins:
05/29/93
beady eye

(I know there are more people with 3+ wins. Iíll update soon)

And, if you like the polls, you might also enjoy betting your hard earned karma in geogirl's KARMA BETTING THREAD here

Any suggestions, pics, poll questions, etc. - email me at lgknyssa42@gmail.com

Photos courtesy of Rinkrat, Getty Images, and NHL.com.