Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1633 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    He led the team in TOI, which is nice to see. I didn't see too many games, but one thing that concerned me a bit was that he got pushed off the puck a little too easily, and that's playing against other youngsters. He still needs to add some significant muscle to be effective in the NHL, I would think.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Enjoy the chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    595 Post(s)

Traded from Brandon to Moose Jaw for two firsts, a second, a defenseman and a forward. Moose Jaw going all in for the Memorial Cup!

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    388 Post(s)

Go Tanner Go!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    366 Post(s)

Somewhat related to Clague I saw the Brandon Wheat Kings play Saturday night. As noted above by Trapper Clague was dealt for a huge ransom to Moose Jaw at the trade deadline. But the Kings still have a top flight prospect playing with Brandon, Evan Weinger. I was very happy to see him play. Brandon played a very hot Everett squad, going for their 6th win in a row, who has Carter Hart in net and also rolled the dice at the deadline when they picked up Garrett Pilon (son of former NHLer Rich and Caps prospect) as well as defenseman Ondrej Vala, a Stars prospect, to carry on their present first place in US Division. The game was anti-climatic as Everett won going away 4-0 but Weinger is the real deal.

The one thing about Weinger is speed, both short and long course. He plays RW and was a threat from his own blueline into the offensive end all game long. Very, very good hockey sense and can adapt both by anticipation and improvisation. Ability to create space and put himself in good position to get the puck from a team mate. Demands puck touches to help create and break up plays. Speed allows him to play a 200 foot game and is very defensively responsible. Plays bigger then his listed size of 6' 194 lbs. and has room to fill out his frame. Plays in all situations and stands up for himself and team mates well - although not a tough guy by any measure. This is a real wing prospect for the Kings and I am looking forward to seeing his further development.