Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

Default Newport Beach Christmas boat parade

I am going on a boat tour in Newport Beach this Saturday. this would be my first time. I wonder about the parking situation since the area is going to get jammed up with tons of parade goers.
    I BELIEVE I'll have another beer!

They're a finesse team.
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    508 Post(s)

Your Favorite vBookie
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    993 Post(s)

It's a total train wreck. Are you going on a charter harbor boat tour? If so, ask them about parking - they may have a private lot. If not, consider parking elsewhere and Lyfting in. If you don't know anyone in the area who has parking at their house, you could park at Fashion Island, as long as you are back by the time the anchor stores close. Whatever you wind up doing, arrive early. The traffic getting in to Newport is crazy during the parade days.

FIRE BETTMAN!!
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geogirl View Post
    It's a total train wreck. Are you going on a charter harbor boat tour? If so, ask them about parking - they may have a private lot. If not, consider parking elsewhere and Lyfting in. If you don't know anyone in the area who has parking at their house, you could park at Fashion Island, as long as you are back by the time the anchor stores close. Whatever you wind up doing, arrive early. The traffic getting in to Newport is crazy during the parade days.
    http://www.christmasparadeboats.com/reservetickets.html
    actually I erred a bit. it'll be the Holiday Lights cruise. the actual Christmas Boat Parade was last week.

apparently, they do have a parking garage for their passengers. http://www.christmasparadeboats.com/directions.html

FIRE BETTMAN!!
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

so we got there an hour early. killed time downing some shots at the saloon around the corner. the 4pm cruise was fantastic albeit the first half being not long before sunset. what was great about that part is you can see what the houses and the mansions actually look like in the daytime. a few of them had lights on. the return trip to the port gave us spectacular views of the sunset with the clouds turning colors.

would we go on it again? most likely. might make it a Christmas tradition for the family as my dad lives close by in Irvine and it'd be easier for the rest of the family coming in from as far away as a half day's drive.