Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    389 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    A little bit of both. Colorado was heavily favored, they outscored the Panthers 15-4 overall, and yet..The Panthers took the lead in game one and not only was that a surprise, they held that lead going into the 2nd and there was a distinct feeling this might be a series. Then Colorado scored b2b2b to give themselves breathing room and the 1 game lead. Game 2 was a full on blowout that everyone predicted. Game three starts and again the Panthers take a lead, Colorado ties it up but Panthers take another lead before Colorado gets another 2 goal quick strike. So this series goes into game 4 and while on the scoreboard it is 3-0 and the Panthers look to be playing for pride, there was a sense that had things broken a little different this series is 1-2 or 2-1 even. Then the Johnny goes toe to toe with Roy for 5+ periods in an epic game 4 that Colorado wins 1-0 but at the end of it nobody is left feeling like the Panthers didn't deserve to be there.
    Wow. All that from memory? Jesus.

Something tells me you'd be a great teammate for bar trivia. Nice job, you've officially made me want to watch that series again (or at least game 4). Haven't watched espn for a decade, do they still do 'Frozen in Time'? To whom do i send my drunken email request?

Sausage King of Chicago
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3031 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    A little bit of both. Colorado was heavily favored, they outscored the Panthers 15-4 overall, and yet..The Panthers took the lead in game one and not only was that a surprise, they held that lead going into the 2nd and there was a distinct feeling this might be a series. Then Colorado scored b2b2b to give themselves breathing room and the 1 game lead. Game 2 was a full on blowout that everyone predicted. Game three starts and again the Panthers take a lead, Colorado ties it up but Panthers take another lead before Colorado gets another 2 goal quick strike. So this series goes into game 4 and while on the scoreboard it is 3-0 and the Panthers look to be playing for pride, there was a sense that had things broken a little different this series is 1-2 or 2-1 even. Then the Johnny goes toe to toe with Roy for 5+ periods in an epic game 4 that Colorado wins 1-0 but at the end of it nobody is left feeling like the Panthers didn't deserve to be there.
    How the **** do you remember the details of a series between the Avs and Panthers from 1996?? And given that you do, how mad does your wife get when you forget your anniversary?

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3320 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    Wow. All that from memory? Jesus.

Something tells me you'd be a great teammate for bar trivia. Nice job, you've officially made me want to watch that series again (or at least game 4). Haven't watched espn for a decade, do they still do 'Frozen in Time'? To whom do i send my drunken email request?
    Not totally from memory, I had to look up some details

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    How the **** do you remember the details of a series between the Avs and Panthers from 1996?? And given that you do, how mad does your wife get when you forget your anniversary?
    The first 10 years we were married I kinda sorta had to travel on that day. Time zones are good coverage for forgetting that kinda thing