Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the moratorium been lifted on the slightly more controversial issues of this team

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3125 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by What party? View Post
    understood. if it is February, that does shift my stance, slightly; as you said, selling low. but keep thinking about that dman/carter trade.

jam, you seem kind of sweet on Buffalo, watching them now...not seeing the allure.
    Oh lgk is fixated on a Brown wants to go to Buffalo myth.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jammer06 View Post
    Oh lgk is fixated on a Brown wants to go to Buffalo myth.
    ah, i see. there is something very ocd/circle of life about that statement/myth/mindset(?). brains are weird

Nyssa's Minion
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3125 Post(s)

If you wanted an Eklund trade we could start a Carter for Letang smokeshow. That would be a classic.

Team LGK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)

Thought the timetable for his return was January. Thirty plus days to get his legs beneath him, kiss him goodbye and let's move forward.
    I'm not exactly sure how trading a 25-30 goal player on a team that has struggled to score for years is "moving forward"? What exactly are you expecting to get for a him and why would it be more value than what Jeff adds to the team?
    "Funny thing I haven't heard Beat LA for a while here. Music to MY ears." - Bob Miller LA at SJ 10/22/2015

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzerson View Post
    Yes, remember the Justin Williams trade? He was hurt, but I repeat myself.
    I stand corrected.

Inanimate ****ing object
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2787 Post(s)

Thought the timetable for his return was January. Thirty plus days to get his legs beneath him, kiss him goodbye and let's move forward.
    From the quotes I've seen it looks like February at best. That said, considering that Vilardi appears to be ready to make the NHL next season, this summer Carts may be gone.

4th Line Insurance Policy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)

I still want to trade Jeff by the deadline (regardless of where we are in the standings, this team may be -forgive me- a facade). Is buying out brown/gabby no longer in the mix? And Tanner is effing killing me. Thoughts?

Happy New Year!
    I don't know about a moratorium on talking about it, but I think it's pretty clear that 4 and 20 are not going to rebuild jack squat, no matter what anyone else thinks. They took over on the premise that this team should still be a contender right now, and I don't see them scrapping that plan unless they miss the playoffs. I mean, is it still a facade if they stay in the top 2 and then get last year's MVP back healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
    From the quotes I've seen it looks like February at best. That said, considering that Vilardi appears to be ready to make the NHL next season, this summer Carts may be gone.
    Are you basing this on Warren Rychel's comments?

All I take from it is that Rychel made a trade that was good for his organization, based on his own belief that Villardi won't be back in Junior next year. He may have even gotten that impression from his "friends in LA." But even if Rychel is right, Villardi doesn't seem like a sure thing to put up immediate numbers as a rookie. His first 1-2 seasons may be spent just developing physically into the type of player he projects to be.

With Carter's speed, scoring ability, and leadership, I'd be shocked to see him traded by a management group that wants to contend right now.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)

I guess we now know why the supposed top 5 pick Villardi "dropped" down to the Kings spot in the draft - He was going to miss half of a season in development

Villardi's broken back is not a good reason to trade Carter

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

I would personally never trade Jeff Carter. He's big, fast, elite scorer, and a money player in the Playoffs. Unless he gets us a elite Dman like OEL we get signed as part of the deal. Keep him & let him teach the new guys how its done.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DRice View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how trading a 25-30 goal player on a team that has struggled to score for years is "moving forward"? What exactly are you expecting to get for a him and why would it be more value than what Jeff adds to the team?
    Oops. My tongue-in-cheek arrogance read as actual arrogance. My bad. But, I think this might make it worse so apologies in advance. Sure this is an oversimplification but to answer your question what would we get if we traded Jeff at the deadline (if in fact he's ready), younger. And, all those nice mature gentlemen that we all ready have locked up until 2023 are not going anywhere and can provide leadership. He's one of our movable pieces. Let's stay ahead of the curve.

Not to split hairs or anything but Carter's not scoring 25-30 goal this season and *knock on wood* we're doing okay. Apparently a fireplug in kings jersey will suffice (hi nick) and yep, the squad is still at top of the Pacific.

If everyone is on the same page and thinks this team will contend and needs Carter, fine. I'll roll with you but...I'm going to keep giving you all side-of-the-eye-looks, like, really? =)

Happy about the current success but will defer to everyone else's keen eye, that the team you're watching foundation is strong.