Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    883 Post(s)

Default Maroon Suspended

Maroon suspended 2 games for illegal hit on Doughty

Edmonton Oilers forward Patrick Maroon has been suspended two games for his hit on Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty on Tuesday night, the Department of Player Safety announced Wednesday.
    Considering that Doughty came back, that seems about par for the NHL's course. It was a clear hit where the principle point of contact was his head. And Maroon had the chance to take different aim.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1808 Post(s)

Considering Dewie did not have the puck either.......

2 games is laughable "if"....and that's a big "if" the NHL wants to be taken seriously in protecting its players from needless concussions.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    883 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moog View Post
    Considering Dewie did not have the puck either.......

2 games is laughable "if"....and that's a big "if" the NHL wants to be taken seriously in protecting its players from needless concussions.
    That's what I meant by "par for the NHL's course." That's the exact hit they want to eliminate from the game, but the discipline will depend on whether the target got lucky and escapes with no long-term affects.

If they (the NHL and the PA) want to be real about weeding that play out, start with 5 games and go from there, regardless of whether a penalty was called or whether the player was injured.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)

100% agree with this. This is a total slap on the wrist. The only way to stop hits to the head is to punish them seriously. No matter who does it, their past record, or if there was any lasting injury. 5 games should be the bare minimum, probably longer.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    539 Post(s)

Me thinks if hit was on say Shore, no suspension and possibly only a minor penalty. Granted it was a star player, nhl should have given min 3 max 6 games suspension.

After crosby got zero suspension for slashing Methot's finger tip off, it was unofficially announced star players get preferential vip treatment.

CalgaryKing
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1072 Post(s)

Default Maroon Suspended

TV this morning said DD's comments about forgiving Maroon may have lightened his suspension...

4th Line Rabble-Rouser
    Images
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1224 Post(s)

I was happy to see Forbort gonafter Maroon after the hit, even though all he did was hug him and tie him up.

Your attention please...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    I was happy to see Forbort gonafter Maroon after the hit, even though all he did was hug him and tie him up.
    That was more than anyone (besides Iginla) did for DD against Calgary last season.

Formerly kingjozef
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    346 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheKing View Post
    Me thinks if hit was on say Shore, no suspension and possibly only a minor penalty. Granted it was a star player, nhl should have given min 3 max 6 games suspension.

After crosby got zero suspension for slashing Methot's finger tip off, it was unofficially announced star players get preferential vip treatment.
    And even THAT is inconsistent!

I remember Reaves in St. Louis purposefully throwing an Elbow into Kopitar's head and hurting Kopitar and nothing was called or reviewed or done about it. Kopitar may have even missed games from it, I don't recall that well. I just know the league can be pretty inconsistent.

Edit: Okay I looked it up instead of relying on my memory. I was wrong, Reaves was slapped with a whopping $3000 fine. No suspension for this:
    https://media.giphy.com/media/hIjqkiltUO0Le/giphy.gif
    Last edited by anjae11eden; January 4th, 2018 at 08:08 AM.

<3 Tanner <3
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3387 Post(s)

I'm sure Donut not being injured played a factor in the 2 game ruling as well. Doesn't mean that it's okay to do it, but that's typically what they go by too. We all know how bogus these suspensions are.
    Facebook: facebook.com/grtoocool Twitter: @LGKTooCool

LGK is the only place for real die-hard fans. If you're not here, you're not a die-hard. That's how I see it!

Rink Dawg