Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1712 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by triplcrown View Post
    Here's a thought:

If GV turns out to be good enough to play 2nd line C for us next season, then Carter could move to 1st line RW,
    giving us a stellar 1st line that could strike fear in the hearts of any defense.
    Iíve heard hat somewhere before.

We trade Toffoli yet?
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

Default The Bannermen talk about Vilardi

Stanley Cup Champions !!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Vilardi didn't fall because of his skating, he fell cuz if you look at each pick above him , Every team got the player they were targeting.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)

I missed this article from last month, but here it is now.

EXCERPT:
    “I think what we saw out of him in juniors, and the numbers that he put up in juniors, we look for him to battle for a spot on the team,” Blake said.

Vilardi was sidelined this past summer because of his back injury, but he participated in this year’s four-day development camp that ended Friday at Toyota Sports Center. After Thursday’s session, Murray spoke in glowing terms about Vilardi.

“I think he’s really worked hard, and he’s a special talent,” he said.

Murray believes Vilardi has blossomed emotionally, which could be a key factor to him making the team.

“He’s matured a lot in the last year,” Murray said. “Not that he wasn’t mature before, but he really understands that it’s going to be a tough challenge, but he’s up to all the challenges.”

The scouting report on Vilardi is he’s a lethal two-way center with terrific puck-handling skills and a composure about him. Murray adds to that.

“There are so many good things to say, but I think just the way he has the ability to see the play,” Murray said. “Not only see that play, but to see the next play. So if someone gives him the puck, he’s already looking for that next play.

“If it isn’t to shoot the puck, it’s to make a play to his linemates, teammates or whatever it may be. His offensive mind is special.”

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/06/29...make-the-team/
    Last edited by triplcrown; Today at 05:19 PM.