1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Default Dallas Area

Anybody in the Dallas area? Will be on business travel and will try and take in the Kings gm on the 30th. If so, any suggestions on eats? Are tix hard to come by?

Team Melf.
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    598 Post(s)

I was looking at going to that game. I saw tickets at the glass behind the Kings bench for $150 each.
    Support Be the Match through Tanner's site

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/...&team_id=23513

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    925 Post(s)

I went there last October on family vacation. I didn't eat by the arena and I don't remember many restaurants by it. That said, I was given an extensive list of places to eat by my Texan co-workers, What-a-burger being one of them as well as some Tex-Mex places, so my meals were not overly flexible. Tickets were cheap-- both to get there ($80'ish from LAX) and to get in. The game being on a Tuesday night should make it even better. I think we saw a Thursday game.

It is a decent to good arena. We saw and said hi to Patrick O'neil in the corner during the pregame. Clifford threw a bunch of practice pucks over the glass to the kids. Basically your typical road trip with the Kings. You should have fun. There were a fair number of Kings fans there including one adult in what looked like a onesie.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

hey hokiecat, where did u purchase tix?

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1653 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingnut View Post
    Anybody in the Dallas area? Will be on business travel and will try and take in the Kings gm on the 30th. If so, any suggestions on eats? Are tix hard to come by?
    Steak - Nick and Sam's, Silver Fox, or Chop House
    Mexican - Javier's down by SMU. This isn't Tex Mex **** either.

Tickets are usually not that big a deal, even on the day of the game. Its not as good as me grabbing a $35 ticket on the day of the Kings/Coyotes in Arizona sitting 10 rows off the glass, but its not as bad as other arenas I've been to. Cheap nosebleeds are $15.00 a piece on Ticketmaster. Seats where I would sit downstairs are running $70-100 on Ticketmaster/Stubhub.
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    Steak - Nick and Sam's, Silver Fox, or Chop House
    Mexican - Javier's down by SMU. This isn't Tex Mex **** either.

Tickets are usually not that big a deal, even on the day of the game. Its not as good as me grabbing a $35 ticket on the day of the Kings/Coyotes in Arizona sitting 10 rows off the glass, but its not as bad as other arenas I've been to. Cheap nosebleeds are $15.00 a piece on Ticketmaster. Seats where I would sit downstairs are running $70-100 on Ticketmaster/Stubhub.
    Thx Birdman. Im looking fwd to catching this gm. Been to the chop house b4 in other cities. Wll check that out.

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1653 Post(s)

BTW, it never hurts to ask a vendor. It gives them an excuse to go to the game too!!!

And if you're there seeing clients, and they go, then you get to expense the whole damn thing!
    at the draft party a couple of years ago, and under a considerable haze, i heard Birdman yell out the following (about 4 or 5 times, i think) - "don't marry yourselves to players!" he went on to reiterate that idea more than once on the boards, and i believe it to be absolutely sage.

---gescom

Super Sexy
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1653 Post(s)

Thx Birdman. Im looking fwd to catching this gm. Been to the chop house b4 in other cities. Wll check that out.
    I'd go to Nick and Sam's then. The pre-meal viewing of the hostesses with a cocktail in your hand doesn't suck.

---gescom

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    925 Post(s)

hey hokiecat, where did u purchase tix?
    Ticketmaster in August for an October game. Row M behind goal for ~$90 per seat. I think Stubhub would have been my better option but even the retail price was fairly low IMO.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    BTW, it never hurts to ask a vendor. It gives them an excuse to go to the game too!!!

And if you're there seeing clients, and they go, then you get to expense the whole damn thing!
    I have per diem, and yeah that would be cool if we can have a "business mtg" at the gm. I can chg all the hrs