Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What will the next uniform atrocity look like?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VegasHockey View Post
    Can't we just keep Forum Blue/Purple & a crown? Best look if you ask me.

Absolutely love this jersey. One of the few I have not been able to track down for a reasonable price.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

I like the colors in that jersey. I think it would look good updated without the smiley face crown and "Los Angeles" across the bottom.

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)

Until they bring some color back (purple/gold), all the jerseys look like cr@p.

3rd Line Role Player
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Until they bring some color back (purple/gold), all the jerseys look like cr@p.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I always thought it was strange how this team can't embrace it's heritage. You don't see teams like Detroit changing from Red to Blue. Why does LA have such an identity crisis?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    704 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allsasudden View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I always thought it was strange how this team can't embrace it's heritage. You don't see teams like Detroit changing from Red to Blue. Why does LA have such an identity crisis?
    It all started when they embraced the Raiders colors to seem more like an LA team. The odd part was that they went back and had some purple for quite a few years and inexplicably changed back to black/white/silver. I can only assume that they want back to those colors to be more closely associated with their modern, most popular time ala Gretzky. Sadly, I don't think they're going back anytime soon beyond some type of throwback.

Hyperbolic V.I.P.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

This is my all-time fave Kings jersey/uni. I had that same Deadmarsh one, but stupidly sold it years ago.

Last edited by Dr. No; February 1st, 2018 at 10:40 AM.

Just... just listen.
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    898 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allsasudden View Post
    I always thought it was strange how this team can't embrace it's heritage. ... Why does LA have such an identity crisis?
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    It all started when they embraced the Raiders colors to seem more like an LA team. The odd part was that they went back and had some purple for quite a few years and inexplicably changed back to black/white/silver. I can only assume that they want back to those colors to be more closely associated with their modern, most popular time ala Gretzky. Sadly, I don't think they're going back anytime soon beyond some type of throwback.
    Luc's in charge of the business side of the organization, including the marketing department that decides on jerseys.

He says the players dont' like wearing purple. He also played mostly in the black/white era with the Kings (though he began and ended in purple). He's also a labrador in a man suit.

So it's grayscale from here on out, kids.

"Only a numbskull thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about."
    "It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself."

Jerseys need purple
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)

I was never a fan of the blue, but even it was better than no color at all like they have now. They don't have to have as much purple and gold as the old days... but they need something, anything to give some color back to the fans. I don't believe Luc saying all the players hate purple. He probably hates it.

Hyperbolic V.I.P.
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    I was never a fan of the blue, but even it was better than no color at all like they have now. They don't have to have as much purple and gold as the old days... but they need something, anything to give some color back to the fans. I don't believe Luc saying all the players hate purple. He probably hates it.
    I agree, the black/white is boring. That's why I've never bothered to buy one.

I think I'll look on Ebay for another early 2000's Deadmarsh 3rd jersey, as pictured above.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1829 Post(s)

Uniform needs more Burger King.