Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    720 Post(s)

A little of both...Stevens has commented that the players fail to follow the game plan but I wonder if the players just don't buy into it again. It obviously worked at the beginning of the season and either teams figured out how to stop us and/or the players are unable to execute as well. At the end of the day, the team is playing about where folks expected them to at the beginning of the season. Too many inexperienced players, not enough depth and despite bounce back seasons from Kopi & Brown (who have cooled in the goal scoring area), just not enough consistently from anyone else. Drew and Quick being asked to do far to much to save the team defensively and it's showing...both making mistakes that are not typical for them. At times, they look like an incredibly tired and worn out team, much like the team did under Sutter. I hope Carts injects some life into them offensively but I still worry that there is just not enough defensively.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)

The coach, the system, the game plan, the GM, the power play, the number one goalie. Name it, and it's broken.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Į\_(ツ)_/Į
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    982 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidney77 View Post
    This.

Until I see someone genuinely pissed off (aside from us fans), then this is a broken team/system.

Show some ****ing emotion, feel some god damn shame and play like you want to ****ing win. Stop with the platitudes and pablum, sack up and at least pretend like you want to raise that 35-pound silver thingy.
    "And then scoring three goals on the power play to really shove it up their butts was really awesome." -Drew Doughty, January 2nd, 2018 @ EDM post-game quote.

The believer
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Blame Canada!!!

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1913 Post(s)

Luc was instructed by AEG to put a band-aid over the "cancer" after Deano and Sutter were fired.

Luc was not hired and told to completely fix the problems. That's why Rob hired promoted Stevens. That's why Rob signed the squid.
    These decisions are not the right decisions and never were.

Now halfway through season #4 of the free fall / down fall of Deano.

The rebuild is coming. It's not a matter of if, but when.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

I donít think itís just one thing. Quick gave away a few, d caused some losses, some of the forwards who seemed to rebound (not Kopi) have let up and our predictably thru coaching have all contributed. And it seems to be all at once at the same time and Carts was our best player last year. It frustrates but this is where they are. From here on Iím putting on the players. They have to find ways to stay in games, complete, and take their share of wins away from the other team.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)

I was a little worried about playing Nashville over the past 2-3 days. Should I be worried about who we are up against on Saturday???

https://imgur.com/a/Vijmp
    Last edited by Russ; February 2nd, 2018 at 10:50 AM.

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4649 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    A little of both...Stevens has commented that the players fail to follow the game plan but I wonder if the players just don't buy into it again. It obviously worked at the beginning of the season and either teams figured out how to stop us and/or the players are unable to execute as well. At the end of the day, the team is playing about where folks expected them to at the beginning of the season. Too many inexperienced players, not enough depth and despite bounce back seasons from Kopi & Brown (who have cooled in the goal scoring area), just not enough consistently from anyone else. Drew and Quick being asked to do far to much to save the team defensively and it's showing...both making mistakes that are not typical for them. At times, they look like an incredibly tired and worn out team, much like the team did under Sutter. I hope Carts injects some life into them offensively but I still worry that there is just not enough defensively.
    Quitters gonna quit.

These guys got what they wanted. Long-term deals with very little risk of movement, a diet-Sutter coach who won't make them work as hard as they need to in order to maximize their relatively mild talent levels, and a cushy regime change that took the pressure off of the players so they can relax back into the low accountability country club atmosphere that dogged the franchise from the 80's thru the 00's.

This team needed to be shaken up, but instead they were given a hug.

Halloween Dolphin!
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

I miss the days when we could all just blame Mitchrock.

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    720 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Quitters gonna quit.

These guys got what they wanted. Long-term deals with very little risk of movement, a diet-Sutter coach who won't make them work as hard as they need to in order to maximize their relatively mild talent levels, and a cushy regime change that took the pressure off of the players so they can relax back into the low accountability country club atmosphere that dogged the franchise from the 80's thru the 00's.

This team needed to be shaken up, but instead they were given a hug.
    Do you think Kopitar & Brown have quit? I personally don't, I see the effort for the most part, just not the results.