Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered Redophile
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Did Stevens see his shadow or are we going to face six more weeks of losses???

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4642 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LAKingSteve View Post
    Do you think Kopitar & Brown have quit? I personally don't, I see the effort for the most part, just not the results.
    Yes. Kopitar is as soft a hockey player as you will ever see, but he is also incredibly talented. You see it when he is focused and on top of his game. But I can't recall ever seeing any player over the past 30 years with that much to give take so many games off.

Brown got the two month new coach bump then regressed back to the same Brown we expected.

Both were happy to be relieved of the demands of a difficult coach, and it showed at first. Then that passed. Same thing happened when Terry Murray left. Neither wants to work as hard as their contracts and responsibilities demand, and both want to be coddled. It s ridiculous to expect anything but mediocrity from the two until they have cost controlled talent to support them. They just aren't leaders. They needed help, got it and succeeded, then the help left and they are back to the same rudderless group.

2nd Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Blando View Post
    Yes. Kopitar is as soft a hockey player as you will ever see, but he is also incredibly talented. You see it when he is focused and on top of his game. But I can't recall ever seeing any player over the past 30 years with that much to give take so many games off.

Brown got the two month new coach bump then regressed back to the same Brown we expected.

Both were happy to be relieved of the demands of a difficult coach, and it showed at first. Then that passed. Same thing happened when Terry Murray left. Neither wants to work as hard as their contracts and responsibilities demand, and both want to be coddled. It s ridiculous to expect anything but mediocrity from the two until they have cost controlled talent to support them. They just aren't leaders. They needed help, got it and succeeded, then the help left and they are back to the same rudderless group.
    So Kopi is soft now

BAHA you make me laugh

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)

I guess I did a good job of teeing that one up for you. Interesting that the only people I've ever heard calling Kopi soft are on this board.

Taxi Squad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    405 Post(s)

I guess I did a good job of teeing that one up for you. Interesting that the only people I've ever heard calling Kopi soft are on this board.
    Steve: Not to distract from your point but i'm sure Don Cherry has called us Steven's little softies at one point or another this season. Now it may not have gone on air but still... doubt it's an original thought (no disrespect Mondo).

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4642 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rozzy View Post
    So Kopi is soft now

BAHA you make me laugh
    Now?

Concussed Villain
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4642 Post(s)

You never read any of Lombardi's own criticisms? Who else would care enough to say? Won't be the cheerleaders on the broadcasting team. Won't be a shell like Rosen.

Who else actually watches Kings hockey?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    718 Post(s)

You never read any of Lombardi's own criticisms? Who else would care enough to say? Won't be the cheerleaders on the broadcasting team. Won't be a shell like Rosen.

Who else actually watches Kings hockey?
    I'm not talking about anyone associated with the team. I'm referring to any number of other hockey personalities, print, online, tv...

And no, apparently you are the only one here that watches Kings hockey.

Benchwarmer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)

The first PP unit runs the same breakout play pretty much 90% of the time. How hard is it for teams to defend that at this point? They've regressed back to the bulk of their shots coming from the point. The little bit of creativity they had for the first quarter has vanished. Seems like that would be due to coaches drilling that same crap for 4 years running. What's the definition of insanity again?

1st Scoring Line
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

I feel like Stevens started implementing way to much defensive structure again, Which is causing the Offense to dry up. I would rather have them run and gun then waste 2 periods scoring 0 goals and try to win it in the third. The Kings were giving up a lot more chances against but they would offset that by generating more as well. Now they go down by 1 and its pretty much over.